We are looking for HPUX Engineer for our client in Cary, NC
Job Title: HPUX Engineer
Job Location: Cary, NC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Good verbal and written communications skills with the ability to effectively document procedures.
- Extensive experience with HPUX Administration, deployments and patching
- 7+ years of experience in platform operating systems, storage products, networking, configuration management, Disaster Recovery, monitoring and automation.
- Participate in all operation related meetings
- Assist with root cause analysis & solution implementation
- Evaluate, test, develop, and implement complex technical solutions to address a variety of business problems. This includes hardware, software, configurations standards, and creating solutions.
- Planning and coordinating project schedule with IT department, vendors and business contract
- Maintaining high availability cluster
- Maintaining Logical volume manager
- Coordinating with vendors such as HP, IBM for fixing unsolved issues
- Providing L3 technical support for HPUX Environment
- Understanding of running on and migrating off of PA-Risc
- Installation and administration of HP VM's
- Prescreening of changes and will address CAB (change approval board) meeting & scheduling production changes.
- Participates in internal discussion (weekly/monthly)
- Work on optimizing and improving current process to make it more efficient.
- Performing quality checks on the deliverables before they are released/implemented
- Develop manual or automated procedures for L1/L2 team to handle system maintenance.
- Preparation of quality documents like Daily Status, Run Plan, Process Improvement Plan and day to day delivery of test execution.
- Reviews the existing documentation/run books and make sure all necessary documents are up to date
- Ensures compliance with applicable Processes/Policies/SOP's
- Reporting metrics, preparing presentation for Higher Management