Tower Research Capital LLC, a high-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks a skilled DevOps Engineer to join our Production Engineering division - High Performance Computing team.
The Production Engineering division is responsible for providing innovative processes and tools for the operation of Tower’s trading platforms.
The High Performance Computing team is responsible for developing and supporting the large scale compute and storage platform designed to solve demanding financial and business problems through computer modeling, simulation and analysis.
- Developing and enhancing Tower’s HPC infrastructure stack - compute, storage, networking, automation and monitoring
- Guiding platform users in designing, building, testing and deploying changes to existing software for the HPC on-premises and cloud-based environments
- Developing and operating company’s containerized applications environment (Docker, bare-metal Kubernetes and GKE)
- Developing and operating the company's cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Maintaining and improving HPC workload management software (HTCondor)
- Maintaining and improving HPC management tools and user access modules and libraries
- Developing metric collection capabilities, analyzing results and using them to improve HPC clusters resource utilization and performance
- Managing code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
- Updating system processes and designing new processes as needed. Identify manual processes that can be automated and help with their automation
If, on a routine basis, you have not used the following commands, please do not apply: kubectl, docker, sysctl, strace, iptables, top, git, tcpdump/wireshark.
- 3-5 years of experience in software engineering, development operations, or Linux administration, with at least 1 year of Kubernetes DevOps experience
- Understanding of containerization, container networking, and Kubernetes
- Fluency in at least one programming language with a preference for Go or Python
- Strong preference for full stack DevOps experience
- Experience in building RESTful applications
- Working knowledge of continuous integration/continuous deployment and infrastructure-as-code
- Working knowledge of at least one cloud platform (GCP, AWS or Azure)
- Exposure to systems and/or network automation, monitoring, and alerting
- Working knowledge of some configuration management system (such as Salt or Ansible)
- Demonstrable troubleshooting expertise and interest, a desire to automate and focus on end-user experience
Tower’s office is located in Downtown Montreal and is easily accessible by public transportation. While we work hard, Tower’s cubicle-free workplace, jeans-clad workforce, and well-stocked kitchens reflect the premium the firm places on quality of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- 5 weeks of paid vacation per year
- Lunch and snacks on a daily basis
- Reimbursement for health and wellness expenses