This position is expected to be funded in early May to support High Performance Computing systems engineering. The technical SETA contractor will work closely with Government Technical Directors to provide software and systems engineering support to drive innovation and efficiencies throughout the CASA ecosystem.
- Evaluating new products, methodologies, and agency polices to continually improve data center services while reducing cost and customer turn-around
- Evaluating and determining future Software Defined Network solutions
- Driving automation across data centers and driving change through automation
- Working on architecture documents to forge new milestones to keep data center offerings relevant
- Actively participate in future roadmap decisions for storage, network, HPC, and server support
- Providing assistance, as needed, to engineering teams to recolve tomorrow's HPC technology challenges
- Designing, doucmenting, and leading network modernization as the data centers continue to retire spanning ree and adopt the more flexible spine/leaf architecture
Active Top Secret Clearance with a polygraph is required
Individual Capabilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Fourteen (14) years of experience as a Software Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Four (4) year od additonal software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Individual Capabilities Desired:
- Ability to write Ansible, Python, and other scripting languages
- Ability to think holistically
- Self-starting individual
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.