Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It’s not the systems that drive us: it’s the soldier our systems bring home. It’s not just the equipment that motivates us: it’s the people our equipment protects. It’s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it’s whom those innovations serve. We’re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that’s uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We’re committed to our employees’ professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a HP Service Manager Administrator 5 who will support several projects a large federal agency. These positions will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Health Systems Management operating unit, which focuses on Healthcare IT solutions for our Federal, State, and Local government clients. The qualified candidate should also have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
Description of Work:
- Assist in implementing HPE (Micro Focus) Service Manager – Process Design software according to design
- Evaluate and translate requirements into technical software program specifications using Service Manager supplied procedures and guidelines as a reference.
- Develop a flow chart of the specifications and a detailed design plan that explains the configuration (including any customization changes necessary) to implement all feasible requirements and how to make those changes in the Service Manager software. Solutions will be easily accessible in Service Manager
- Identify requirements that cannot be met with Service Manager
- Design, develop, test, document and implement solutions using Service Manager to meet requirements
- Be responsible for written and oral communications, as well as oral presentations, in order to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as to interface with the internal SSA customer on a daily basis.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 15 years of relative experience, Master's degree and 13 years of relative experience, or 19 years of relative experience in an IT field in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of HP Service Manager experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with HP Release Control
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or under only general direction
- Must be US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Prior SSA experience is a plus.
- Design workflows in Service Manager to fulfill user requirements.
- Implement the established design in a development instance of Service Manager
- Perform administrative functions such as granting requestors access to workflows, setting up proper Request profiles, associating necessary profiles to various users and configuring user menus so that the requested workflows are easily accessible in Service Manager.
- Isolate and resolve software application problems affecting workflows using HPE (Micro Focus) supplied guideline and support services.
Preferred Certifications and Vendor-Specific Trainings:
Candidates with these certifications will be given preferential consideration.
- Automated Software Engineering (ASE) - HP Service Manager Software Implementation