BearCom is the largest value-added distributor of wireless, voice, data and video solutions that boost operating efficiency and increase safety. The company is currently in a high-growth phase and building a team of people who share core values of positivity, exceptional work ethic and a commitment to working hard in order to get the job done. Through partnerships with Motorola, JVC Kenwood, Avigilon, and the like, BearCom services the mission-critical communications needs of its sophisticated customer base. With nearly forty years in the industry and a reputation for technical expertise and the ability to offer customized solutions, BearCom delivers a variety of communication applications across a diverse mix of over 40 end markets in the US and Canada. BearCom's ability to create tailored solutions for its extensive base of over 20,000 active customers allows them to enjoy relationships with the Fortune 100 to small municipalities. BearCom's headquarters and distribution center are in Dallas, TX and the company is currently partnered with the industry renowned Private Equity sponsor Bertram Funds out of San Mateo, California.
As a Sales Manager you would responsible for managing the outside sales team. In addition to setting individual and branch sales plans, this individual will facilitate the success of the sales team through training, coaching, and actively assisting each sales person build their business and removing obstacles to their success.
The ideal candidate will have the raw drive and energy to be highly self-motivated as well as promote urgency and results throughout the sales team. Maintains an owner / shareholder perspective and appreciation for the bottom line.
- Directly manages a team of 10 - 13 outside sales representatives.
- Facilitates the success of the team by setting a direction, establishing goals, and conducting meetings to ensure the success and alignment of the team.
- Conducts one-on-one coaching sessions and "ride-alongs" with all sales representatives.
- Train and motivate individual sales representatives in a manner which will allow them to achieve their highest potential.
- Works closely with internal and external BearCom departments to develop new sales opportunities.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with outside vendors, and ensure customer care, etc.
- Works closely with the Regional Vice President by offering timely communication, accurate forecasting which includes; early, mid-month and final reporting, and overall strategic direction of the team.
- Responsible for meeting monthly and quarterly sales plan.
- Directly interfaces with the Rental Department to provide support, rental opportunities, and effective interaction with the sales team.
- Directly interfaces with the Service Department in a collaborative effort to ensure timely implementation, and installation of the equipment sold.
- 10 years of successful sales experience, with 5 years of management (preferably sales management) experience.
- A proven track record of building a team (hiring, training, developing).
- Experience in effectively attracting, developing, coaching and motivating the sales staff.
- Ability to adapt to various situations (market or interpersonal), demands or organizational needs.
- Must have the interpersonal and work style flexibility to handle multiple priorities and remain stress tolerant.
- Working knowledge of a CRM ie JD Edwards, Salesforce or similar programs.
- Marketing experience, and product/industry knowledge is a plus.
- Must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- A background check is part of the hiring process, which may also include a Motor Vehicle Record check.