Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in 190 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 14,600 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer. Atria provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria also does not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on these protected classifications. We require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination-free and harassment-free work environment.
Responsible for performing and managing the Housekeeping functions while maintaining a clean and safe environment for residents and staff, ensuring cleanliness standards put in place by Atria. Performs and manages assigned cleaning duties for apartments, interior and exterior common areas, and amenities normally associated with a senior rental residential program.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in assigned areas.
- Participate in staff selection process. Interview candidates as needed.
- Create staffing schedules, including days off, holidays, and vacations, ensuring that community needs are met in accordance with hours and position control.
- Assign personnel to established work areas and assigned duties.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor assigned work to ensure that proper frequencies are maintained.
- Ensure that staff receives proper orientation, initial training, and ongoing education.
- Ensure duty lists are reviewed and current at all times. Review duty lists with regular and relief associates periodically.
- Provide and monitor individual guidance and motivation to associates to enable everyone to perform to his/her fullest potential.
- Perform periodic performance evaluations, coaching and discipline of staff, if required.
- Monitor staff attendance and take proactive action when patterns of absenteeism are observed.
- Ensure that Housekeeping equipment is in a safe, clean and good working condition at all times.
- Actively participate in community and departmental safety programs and maintain a safe work environment at all times.
- Assist housekeepers on an as-needed basis.
- Submits recommendations to management for painting, repairs, etc.
- Ensure Housekeeping office, storage, and closets are clean, organized, well-maintained, and professional in appearance at all times.
- Inventories supplies and equipment; assists with ordering supplies.
- Responsible for cleaning of public areas and residents’ apartments, including bathrooms, kitchens, patios and windows, floors, furniture and common areas.
- Familiar with and understands Atria’s Housekeeping Policy & Procedure manual.
- Responsible for monitoring all housekeeping duties of staff, including:
- Replacing and hanging draperies
- Changing beds
- Inspecting for bed bugs
- Cleaning public restrooms and replenishing supplies as needed
- Sweeping, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floors; cleaning rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies
- Dusting furniture and equipment
- Polishing metalwork
- Washing walls, woodwork, windows, door panels, and sills
- Window washing, upkeep of storage and utility areas, stocking of housekeeping cart, emptying trash and transporting to disposal are
- Responsible for all laundry duties including:
- Washing, drying and ironing resident laundry and community linens and textiles in provided appliances
- Folding and/or hanging laundry appropriately
- Distributing laundered articles and linens
- Oversight of the cleanliness of resident laundry
- Ensures with Maintenance that trash and dumpster areas are clean.
- Reports resident issues or changes in health or living status promptly.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions or maintenance related issues promptly to Supervisor.
- Personally handles any resident or resident family customer service issues.
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Three to five years proven housekeeping supervisory experience plus actual housekeeping/janitorial experience.
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver group presentations on property related subject matter and to write reports in a clear, concise form.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills, such as measurement, addition, subtractions, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
- Ability to frequently operate general office equipment, such as, but not limited to, personal computer, telephone, photocopying machine, facsimile machine, and postage machine.
- Must successfully complete all Atria specified training programs.
- Able to operate cleaning equipment such as: mangle, iron, washer & dryer, brooms, mops, vacuums, etc.
- Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
- Able to print and speak simple sentences in English.
- Able to perform numerical operations using units of United States’ currency and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Familiar with all types of surfaces and respective cleaners.
- Experience in carpet cleaning (all types) and upholstery cleaning.
- Familiar with isolation and infection control.
- Able to operate: extractors, brooms, wet-dry vacuum, carts, scrubbers, sprayers, hoses, vacuums, and washer/dryer (commercial).
- Understands Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
- Understands SDS Sheets.
- Ability to recruit, train, and manage performance of team members.
Requisition ID 2018-63826