POSTING ID: 2465/1397/11279
Responsible for providing legal advice, oversight and counsel to claims personnel, other claims attorneys, product personnel, policy operations and marketing. Train panel counsel, staff counsel and claims personnel in the execution of the litigation management guidelines to assure accuracy in litigation claim handling and optimization of legal expenses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Mentor other team members as needed
- Oversee projects and training at the request of the Managing Claims Attorney
- Provide guidance, mentoring and counseling on policy and coverage interpretation
- Provide legal analysis and opinions on coverage issues and policy changes
- Undertake necessary legal research and provide legal direction on matters relevant to claims handling and policy operations
- Train, develop and provide technical guidance to claims on issues involving legal or claims related issues, as well as, litigation handling
- Provide assistance and advice on appeals, DJs, extra-contractual allegations, large losses, trials and post-trial strategies
- Responsible for the identification, hiring and performance management of panel counsel for defense, coverage SIU and PIP specialties
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for Product, Policy Operations, Marketing and other departments
- Act as a liaison between staff and panel counsel
- Audit staff and panel counsel
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- J.D. (Juris Doctor) Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment and discretion
- Ability to proactively resolve conflicts and empathize with internal and external customers.
- Solid knowledge of claims strategies
- Solid understanding of the insurance industry
- Solid understanding of the organizational relationship between the departments of an insurance company
- Maintain active license as an attorney in at least one state
- Willingness to travel up to 20% as requested.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- 5 years of experience in any combination of the following areas: personal lines property, casualty insurance company and/or law firm experience focusing on personal lines insurance and/or coverage issues
- Trial experience strongly preferred
- Supervisory experience
- Training experience