Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race. It is the primary responsibility of the Hotel Training Manager to create, implement and manage all training and communication related activities for all Hotel Operations departments. This position will ensure all activities performed are in accordance with the Company’s business objectives, budgetary guidelines and established safety standards. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures.
- Develop, manage and conduct all training-related programs, initiatives, communication, and activities for all Hotel operations departments.
- Partner with Hotel department leaders to ensure division and department training materials and SOPs and other training tools are up-to-date and utilized effectively.
- Assist with on-boarding/orientations within the division.
- Train, monitor and reinforce standards and training accountability.
- Ensure Hotel division employees are within compliance and are appropriately trained/certified as deemed appropriate for their roles, including ensuring employees sign off for all SOP training and Service Standards on an on-going basis, are fully trained in applicable systems/ programs, e.g. Opera, and have completed company compliance courses, e.g. Code of Conduct, Computer User Agreements, etc.
- Develop and implement quarterly department and employees training plans to address specific areas of weakness; manage execution of these plans, including performing weekly process and product evaluations.
- Partner with the Learning & Development COE to support property-wide training initiatives, and implement and maintain on-going training initiatives that respond to the needs of MGM Resorts International.
- Develop and roll-out training programs, as needed, with a focus on and improve guest service and loyalty.
- Establish formalized on-boarding training plans for individual positions, set up training schedules for employees and follow-up with all new employees.
- Protect the confidentiality of all training files, documents and employee information under their immediate control.
- Partner with division’s department managers to launch and facilitate various projects and planning initiatives.
- Participate in the interviewing process of new employees, making hiring recommendations.
- Attend and assist with setting up/leading meetings, when applicable and as appropriate on behalf of the hotel division (e.g. Safety meetings, Guest Experience, employee leadership development, etc.).
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- At least 21 years old.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; or equivalent education and work experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in management, training, guest services or related experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.