Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race. The Hotel Systems Manager is responsible for managing the end-to-end project planning and execution process the Company’s Hotel Division systems (Opera, HotSOS, etc.). This position will collaborate with various departments, subject matter experts and stakeholders to identify project objectives and desired outcomes. This position ensures that resources are available for project milestones to meet required deliverables and deadlines in Hotel Systems. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures.
- Partner with Director Hotel Systems, corporate and property leaders to define and set the product strategy for major Hotel System applications (PMS, CRS, etc.).
- Govern and provide oversight for all projects for the Hotel Systems organization.
- Manage and assess the overall project; break it down into logical/manageable pieces, analyze relationships/dependencies between pieces and identify critical path between pieces.
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved with project change request forms and escalates quickly when appropriate.
- Partner with various stakeholders to complete project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing.
- Complete work breakdown structure to estimate effort required for each task for Hotel Systems.
- Effectively set priorities, understand critical path, can identify needs for and re-establish priorities as required.
- Define risks and develop the executable risk mitigation strategy to redirect the project back on target.
- Develop alternative courses of action and make timely decisions based on logical assumptions and reflect information.
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to team as needed.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, prepare and complete action plans, identify trends, determine system improvements and implement change.
- Leverage industry best practice-level project management methodologies and ensure new/modified practices or procedures are documented and effectively communicated to key stakeholders.
- Determine how results will be measured and complete a post project evaluation to determine how well results were achieved; measure and report metrics.
- Consult with business and other resources to gain an understanding of industry trends and new initiatives; make recommendations to management regarding best practices, including adoption of new trends and initiatives.
- Drive innovation with the business and strategic partners by identifying operational needs and initiating system enhancements.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- At least 21 years old.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; or equivalent education and work experience.
- At least 6 years of experience leading, managing and delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Previous experience working with project management tools.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- PMP Certification, Kaisen Project Management Certification or equivalent work experience in hospitality industry.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.