American Cruise Lines - Portland, OR
American Cruise Lines, the world’s leading small ship cruise line, is seeking an experienced Hotel Operations Manager to manage the onboard hotel services and personnel aboard our expanding fleet of riverboats and cruise ships. The Hotel Operations Manager is a senior level, shore-side manager and is directly responsible for the performance of onboard Hotel Managers and all shipboard hotel and food service departments.
Key responsibilities include management of all hotel services including housekeeping, restaurant operations, passenger satisfaction and quality control. This position may in the Northeast, ideally in Connecticut.
The Hotel Operations Manager will enjoy frequent travel to the Company’s fleet of riverboats and ships to supervise and train shipboard managers and ensure the guests are enjoying a perfect cruise.
Successful candidates are hospitality professionals with 10 or more years of experience successfully managing a luxury hotel brand. Your proven ability to deliver exceptional guest experiences comes from a combination of excellent communication skills, thorough preparation, and keen personnel management with an eye for the details that most others overlook.
Other Responsibilities include;
- Oversee Hotel Managers and Hotel Officers and evaluate performance to ensure company standards are met
- Travel to ships throughout the United States to evaluate, mentor and coach shipboard managers
- Maintain and improve customer service standards
- Supervise managers of food service operations, housekeeping operations, and passenger services
- Perform ship evaluations and audits
- Assist hotel managers and cruise specialists with shipboard sales
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management, Hotel & Restaurant Management or Business
- 10 years management experience at a full-service hotel, resort, or cruise ship
- General Manager experience a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Flexible schedule and willingness to travel. 70% Travel
- Pre-employment drug test
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Hospitality Management: 3 years