Hosting Technical Account Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Software
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
We help organizations turn large amounts of data into knowledge they can use, and we do it better than anyone. It’s no wonder an overwhelming majority of our customers continue to use SAS every year. It’s because we hire the best people to create great software and services.
SAS Solutions OnDemand Technical Account Managers (TAMs) are specialized Managed Services professionals who work with customers to ensure that the SAS solutions meet and evolve with the business needs.
Our TAM's possess knowledge of the unique technical environments, industry best practices, and current and future SAS solutions. In addition, the TAM's provide a valuable partnership that optimizes collaboration with the extended SAS network of professionals to help realize premier customer service.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manages assigned Enterprise Accounts that have transitioned to the Managed Services team.
- Working hands on with customer technical resources to mitigate and debug hosting issues.
- Leads incident, problem, and change management activities for customers through collaboration with internal and external teams.
- Manages Major Incidents, driving and coordinating resolution, including calls, escalations (both technical and hierarchic), coordinating all incident support activities with global 24x7 teams, documenting events, and conducting post-mortem reviews.
- Collaborating on technical issues with SAS Managed Services teams to drive issue resolution and escalation including root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Providing detailed reporting and reviews of service disruptions, metrics, and SLA adherence.
- Champion and advocate for customer requirements within SAS (voice of the customer).
- Functioning as a front-line Managed Services technical resource for best practices, standards and preventative maintenance.
- Writing design specifications, change request documents and implementing customer configurations.
- Lead internal initiatives as designated.
- 24x7 on-call required, based on a rotating schedule.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related quantitative field.
- At least 5 years of technical consulting, applications configuration and/or technical account management.
- A minimum of two years of experience with ITIL and ITSM tools, Service Now is preferred
- Solid understanding of problem solving strategies with emphasis on resolution of complex technical problems using Root Cause Analysis, Six Sigma or other problem analysis approaches
- Strong fault finding/ diagnostics/ trouble-shooting skills.
- Proficiency in process formulation and process improvement.
- Strong working knowledge of IT operations and support organizations
- Strong customer service focus, excellent communication skills – both oral and written, and the ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to set priorities and deliver objectives without the need of day-to-day supervision
- Must be able to work well under pressure
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to speak at an appropriate technical and business level for the audience and prepare written proposals and recommendations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships effectively.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills; ability to handle multiple incidents/demands simultaneously while adapting to constantly changing requirements.
- A focus on Customer/business satisfaction, with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness.
- Passionate about customer service and acts with immediacy and urgency.
- Experience with Capacity Planning / Capacity Management Services
- Experience with Service Level Management
- Experience with database programming performing simple queries, writing scripts, and generating reports.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- 20% travel or less
- Expertise with Cloud / SaaS applications and infrastructure
- Understanding of SAS products and database structures
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- Experience with Service Now