CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
The Hosting Solution Implementation Engineer (HSIE) is responsible for the validation, configuration, turn up and testing to ensure a successful handover to the support teams for all technical aspects related to the delivery of the clients managed hosting network solution.
The HSIE will work closely with Project Managers, Platform and Security build teams to ensure accurate and timely delivery of the client hosting network solutions.
- Attend ‘kick-off’ meetings to discuss upcoming installation projects and assist the Sales Engineering team with network solutions/designs
- Technical validation of proposed solutions and engagement with product engineering relating to product design issues.
- Configuration of all managed hosting equipment include core infrastructure
- Invoke technical change control where necessary, should the client’s requirements change during implementation.
- Working with clients to validate service has been completed as per design
- Troubleshoot implementations during burn in phase
- Support the Project Managers in hosting network related queries that clients may have regarding their delivery. This can involve representing Service Delivery at client meetings as a technical advisor.
- Completion of scheduled work requests as assigned.
- Detailed feedback to Project Managers on completion of work requests to enable continual client updates.
- Communication and comprehensive documentation of each phase for the life cycle of the build this includes network diagrams, migration, test plans and updates to the order management system.
- Contribute to ongoing team and department processes and procedures and implementation of good practices.
- Adhere to all Installation team and Service Delivery processes and procedures at all times.
- Implement and maintain the network implementation documentation and toolsets applicable to the role.
- Requirement to complete networkaudits as directed by Technical Lead.
- Requirement to be part of the team flexible work pattern to cover the core business hours as directed by Technical Lead in alignment to the business needs.
- Work outside normal hours to support the business and client needs when required.
- Proven 3rd line experience in the installation and troubleshooting of routed, switched and hosted network solutions
- Proven experience in the Telecommunications, ManagedNetworking & Hosting Industry.
- Understanding of network design for routed and hosting solutions
- Understanding and practical experience of Cisco routers and switches and related IOS
- Understanding and practical experience of Juniper EX Series/QFX switches
- Demonstrable experience with all IP Routing protocols to a CCNP or JNCIS level
- Demonstrable experience with IP address schemes
- Demonstrable experience of load balancer deployment on ACE/A10 and F5 LTM.
- Demonstrable experience of managed firewall configuration and deployment, ASA firepower or Juniper.
- Understanding and experience of basic server configuration including interface and route configuration (Windows / LINUX)
- Strong Client relations skills.
- Ability to keep to strict daily schedules and work well under pressure individually and in a strong team environment.
- Ability to multi task between a number of complex solutions, ability to coordinate, orchestrate, and communicate effectively with other technologists and business partners to maintain high service levels in a demanding environment
- Must be able to work a Tuesday - Saturday or Sunday - Thursday schedule.
- Experience in support or implementation of BGP and MPLS
- Demonstrable experience of IPsec configuration and deployment
- Working towards CCNP / CCDA / JNCIS or equivalent experience
- Experience with Security deployments and configuration
- Experience with Cisco ASA and FWSM Firewalls.
- Knowledge of CenturyLink offerings, products and services
- Knowledge of Cloud Services and Solutions
- ITIL Aware
- Ability to understand a Visio diagram.
- Analytical/problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to develop effective key collaborative relationships across organizational boundaries.
- Strong customer relationship management skills.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Missouri-Town And Country
Requisition #: 146112