Responsible for the direction of dining room and housekeeping teams, including hiring, training, coaching and performance management of staff. Also responsible for managing labour and supplies budget for both housekeeping and dining room. Serve as ‘manager on duty’ two (2) days each week and also in the absence of the Executive Director and Community Business Director.
The following essential functions are the fundamental job duties of the position to be completed with or without appropriate reasonable accommodation.
- Hire, orient, schedule, train and coach/counsel dining room and housekeeping staff.
- Establish and manage labour and supplies budget.
- Provide high levels of customer service and create a restaurant style dining atmosphere.
- Ensure that meals are served in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Executive Chef and Executive Director to keep residents satisfied withfood, service, dining programs and housekeeping services.
- Review the daily menu with residents and staff.
- Solve issues before they become problems or complaints.
- Coordinate room service delivery.
- Act as manager on duty when Executive Director and Community Business Director are not on site.
- Train and uphold Quality Enhancement standards at all times.
- Ensure that dining room is maintained in a clean, sanitary environment at all times.
- Visually confirm that all tables are set according to Atria Retirement standards.
- Ensure that dining room floors are clean and receive regular maintenance (sweep and mop as necessary).
- Ensure that trash/refuse containers are emptied and kept clean and tidy.
- Verbally and visually confirm resident satisfaction throughout meals.
- Inspect apartment cleaning to ensure quality.
- Lead the sourcing, interviewing and selection of servers and housekeepers.
- Coach, train and counsel new and current staff to provide high levels of customer service and proper serving and cleaning techniques.
- Provide general delegation and supervision to servers and housekeepers.
- Provides quality, timely performance feedback and performance appraisals for dining room and housekeeping staff.
- Communicate the residents’ likes and dislikes to the cooks and Executive Chef.
- Communicate complaints and compliments in the dining room to the cooks and Executive Chef.
- Manage the schedules in accordance to resident census and budgets and control overtime within prescribed standards
- Manage the budget for housekeeping and dining room supplies
- Assist the Executive Chef in the planning and development of menus based on resident likes and dislikes preferences.
- Ensure that safety and security procedures are followed at all times.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Two (2) years of prior work experience in “front of the house” supervision.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Basic Computer skills – Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Position requires driving responsibilities (may use Company provided vehicle and/or personal vehicle).
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Must satisfactorily meet and be in compliance with Atria’s Motor Vehicle Policy standards.