Hospitalist physician job located 100 miles East of Chicago, Illinois
Mishawaka is a part of the South Bend, Indiana metropolitan area, boasting a cumulative population of 318,586.
Seeking vibrance and charm? You will love the diversity found in the neighborhoods throughout the metro area.
Are you a football fan? Enjoy a Saturday afternoon cheering on that Fighting Irish at the University of Notre Dame, a top 20 university and one of the top sporting venues in the United States.
Safety important to you? Cost of Living? Schools? Mishawaka prides itself in being safe and provides a very low cost of living with excellent schools. Mishawaka has received many accolades including ranked second in the State of Indiana by Business Week Magazine as one of the best places to raise your kids.
Other nearby metropolitan areas: Chicago: 100 miles to the west; Ann Arbor, MI: 175 miles to the northeast; Indianapolis, IN: 146 miles to the south; and Kalamazoo, MI: 70 miles to the north.
Through People We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
- 254 beds are found in this beautiful state-of-the-art hospital.
- Established 20 physician team with 2 advanced practitioners and hospitalist RN
- No call
- Open ICU with full intensivist and sub-specialty support
- No procedures required, but comfort with basic vent management, running codes, responding to rapid response, and clearing patients for surgery is desired
- Blocked schedule with 7on/7off for a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload and sustainable career
- 26 weeks per year (182 shifts annually) with minimal nights required – vast majority of shifts worked will be day shift (7am – 7pm)
- Cerner PowerChart EMR
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
- H1B Eligible facility
- Visa sponsorship available through our retained immigration attorney with all required filing fees and services covered