Physician / Hospitalist / Permanent / Iowa
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Through People We Make a Difference
Join a team of 10 dedicated hospitalists at Mercy Medical Center - North Iowa, a 350 bed regional, referral teaching hospital that is committed to providing compassionate & personalized care through cutting edge technology. The hospital serves a 14-county area encompassing a population of 220,000 residents.
Our physicians in Mason City, Iowa have support with all the diagnostic technology needed to provide quality care, including: CT, MRI, PET, & Pathologists with an accredited full service laboratory. A full range of medical & surgical subspecialties are available including: Cardiac Surgery, Interventional Cardiology, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Nephrology, Interventional Radiology, a comprehensive Cancer Center, & more.
- Extremely competitive compensation + bonuses
- No procedures required
- Open ICU with 24/7 Intensivist Support
- No call environment
- Opportunity to teach residents (if interested)
- Cerner EMR
- Very Flexible block schedule available for a sustainable career
- 12 hour shifts from 7am-7pm & also 10 hour swing shifts available - shift differential available
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
- H1b cap exempt facility; will start green card process within first 30 days on the job
- Visa sponsorship available through our retained immigration attorney with all required filing fees and services covered
- Chief Hospitalist opportunity available at this location
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
Location and Lifestyle
Mason City / Clear Lake, Iowa is a hub for activity in Northern Iowa/Southern Minnesota, Mason City/Clear Lake has a combined population of 45,000+. This family oriented community boasts an extremely low cost of living, affordable housing, excellent school systems (public and private) with a full array of extra-curricular activities as well as accelerated programs; fine arts museum, dance studios, performing artstheaters, multiplex movie theaters, and a regional orchestra. Other activities available include the indoor ice facility, home to NAHL’s Junior A North Iowa hockey team, Outdoor activities abound with golf, tennis, soccer, baseball, hiking, biking, hunting and fishing. Sailing and boating are available in Clear Lake which is a vacationers paradise. The region is bustling and progressive with a sound economy supported by diverse businesses and industries.