This ideal location offers the best of both worlds: Affordable living and proximity to Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Paso Robles and the Sierra Nevada mountains. The is a highly desirable location for home buyers due to affordability and low cost of living, while offering close access to Central California wine country, central valley, beach communities and all the amenities in Los Angeles. Enjoy a variety of restaurants, shopping, and a diverse economy with many locally owned businesses. Furthermore Enjoy access to many options for recreational fun: skiing, hiking, camping, fly fishing, white water rafting.
If you are looking for an excellent hospital to practice in, a focus on quality and manageable workloads, top-notch hospital leadership with integrity, competitive compensation, a path to partnership, great benefits, and abundant support, this is your job in California.
The Team – The Hospital
Adventist Health Bakersfield is committed to providing patient centered quality care. Join providers at this 255 bed facility focused on providing quality care in an environment that is safe, respectful and compassionate. We approach our role as caregivers with a strong sense of obligation, dedication and commitment to our patients. This also means that we continually work together as a team and listen to the concerns of our patients and their families. Part of the Adventist Health System, San Joaquin offers innovative medical programs and state-of-the-art technology. Comprehensive services include a Burn Center, bariatric services, a comprehensive hospital-based Cancer Center affiliated with UC Davis and first of its kind in the county, a Chest Pain Center, Pediatrics, Stroke center, wellness center, and maternity and women’s center.
- Become part of a 16 physician team with a focus on excellence in quality and care
- 255 bed hospital with sub specialty support
- Blocked schedules for focus on continuity of care
- Excellent compensation for 16 shifts per month
- Annual Quality Bonus and RVU-based productivity bonuses
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
- Open to both newly graduated residents & experienced clinicians
- Internal Medicine or Family trained physicians welcome to apply
- Supportive management team and hospital administration
Achievements and Accolades
Our Chief Hospitalist won the "Outstanding Physician Leadership Quality Award" for all of Southern California Adventist Health Region. He is one of the top doctors amongst five Adventist hospitals.