Alpena, Sanctuary of the Great Lakes, is an active and engaging community known for its outdoor activities and laid back lifestyle. Excellent housing options vary from historical homes to the privacy of rustic settings with shopping & recreational opportunities nearby. Outdoor Life is the name of the game – hiking, biking, and kayaking, canoeing, camping, hunting and fishing, and shipwreck tours are within minutes. Recreational and leisure activities for the entire family. Museums, historic landmarks, golf courses, festivals, and endless year-round events offer the sort of lifestyle a family would want.
The Team – The Hospital
Mid-Michigan Medical Center - Alpena
- 146 bed acute care hospital with established 10 physician team and hospitalist RN
- Must be able to run codes and be comfortable with rapid response calls; central lines, intubations, and vent management required (additional training available if needed)
- 9 ICU beds with excellent sub-specialty back-up. Must be ICU capable
- Rotating schedule with 7on / 7off for a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload and true work/life balance
- 35 night shifts per year - block of 7 nights every 2.4 months
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME.
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
- Excellent compensation plus signing bonus and incentive payments offered complimented by a complete benefits package including, but not limited to, paid professional liability insurance, matching 401k & relocation expenses.
- J1 eligible facility
- Visa sponsorship available through our retained immigration attorney with all required filing fees and services covered
As a Sound Physicians Hospitalist, you will work in a culture of integrity, teamwork, service, quality & innovation. You will work with a physician-centric administration that supports leadership training and seeks to work collaboratively with physician leaders to affect positive changes for the medical staff and its community.