Tucson, AZ – Currently hiring Internal or Family Medicine (Physician Hospitalist)
Tucson is situated in the eastern portion of Pima County, Arizona in one of the lushest valleys found in the Sonoran Desert. Surrounded by five unique mountain ranges, opportunities for outdoor exploration are endless. A quick drive along the Catalina Highway-Sky Island National Scenic Byway can take you from the lower elevations of the valley floor to the summit of Mt. Lemmon at 9,157 feet. In roughly an hour this scenic drive traverses seven of the world's nine life zones—the span of ecosystems you'd see driving from Mexico to Canada.The city is bordered on all sides by protected natural areas: Coronado National Forest, Catalina State Park, Ironwood Forest National Monument, and Saguaro National Parks East and West (the best places to see the giant saguaro cactus native only to Southern Arizona and Native Mexico). Because of the variety of terrain and proximity to protected areas and parks Tucson is widely considered one of the world’s best destinations for activities such as hiking, cycling, rock climbing, horseback riding, and just about anything else you would want to do outdoors.
Home to the University of Arizona, Tucson is a destination that hosts nearly 7 million visitors a year; a place known for outstanding hiking and outdoor adventures, rich cultural traditions, a vibrant arts scene, world-class golf and great dining; and a thriving desert home to more than 1 million residents. Designated as the first UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy in the United States, Tucson is also known world-wide for its culinary traditions and amazing assortment of restaurants, including those that comprise The Best 23 Miles of Mexican Food - without a doubt the premier destination for Mexican Food in the entire U.S.
As a Sound Physicians Hospitalist, you will work in a culture of integrity, teamwork, service, quality & innovation. You will work with a physician-centric administration that supports leadership training and seeks to work collaboratively with physician leaders to affect positive changes for the medical staff and its community.
The Hospital - Awards and Recognitions
Carondelet St. Mary’s Hospital and the Carondelet Neurological Institute at Carondelet St. Joseph’s Hospital were honored by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for the quality of stroke care. Selected by the Joint Commission as one of the top performing hospitals in the nation for quality and safety in their care of the following: heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, stroke and surgical care. Carondelet St. Mary’s Hospital, Carondelet St. Joseph’s Hospital and Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute received national accreditation as Chest Pain Centers from the Society of Chest Pain Centers. National Accreditation as Chest Pain Center and Designated by Arizona Department of Health Services as Cardiac Arrest Center; certified by the American Associate of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- 400 bed hospital, part of Carondelet Health Network, serving West Tucson
- Established 18 Physician team with 2 Advanced Practitioners and Hospitalist RN
- Full specialist support including Sound Intensivists to cover ICU
- Open ICU- co-manage patients with Intensivists
- No procedures required, but a plus
- Blocked schedule with 7on/7off for a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload and true work/life balance
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
- Resident physicians and new grads welcome to apply
- Commencent bonus and paid relocation available