As the fifth largest city in Ohio, Akron has much to offer its residents. National events hosted annually in Akron cover a wide variety of hobbies and interests. The PGA World Golf Championships travels to Akron each year for the Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone Country Club. In mid-July, Akron hosts the National Hamburger Festival consisting of different vendors serving original recipe hamburgers and a Miss Hamburger contest. The city is also home to a number of theaters, museums and cultural centers.
The E.J. Thomas Hall, the largest of three performance halls in Akron, regularly shows performances by the Akron Symphony Orchestra, Broadway musicals, ballets, comedies, lectures and entertainers, attracting more than 400,000 visitors annually. Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio and Erie Canal, Akron is a vital heartland city and an ideal place to live and work in the Midwest.
The Team – The Hospital
Akron General Medical Center
- 532 bed hospital, non for profit
- Established 24 physician team with 4 advanced practitioners and hospitalist RN
- Anesthesiology, Endoscopy, Heart and Vascular Center, Infectious Disease, Nephrology, Pain Management, Radiology, Pulmonary Medicine, Surgery, Urology
- No codes required by hospitalists
- No call environment
- Closed ICU and no procedures required
- Blocked schedule with 7on/7off for a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME.
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
As a Sound Physicians Hospitalist, you will work in a culture of integrity, teamwork, service, quality & innovation. You will work with a physician-centric administration that supports leadership training and seeks to work collaboratively with physician leaders to affect positive changes for the medical staff and its community.