Outdoor recreation is a way of life in New Smyrna Beach, with everything from swimming and scuba diving to golf and hiking. With more than 13 miles of pristine white sand beaches and an additional 24 miles of coastline at nearby Canaveral National Seashore, New Smyrna Beach was voted “Best Beach in Florida,” by readers of Florida Monthly Magazine.
Visitors and residents love sunning and beachcombing on the sandy beaches, many enjoy windsurfing, sailing, surf fishing and other activities. It’s also a great place for those who want to learn more about Florida’s diverse ecology, where boat tours are available of the Indian River Lagoon, and with the Canaveral National Seashore’s dunes, lagoon and salt marsh and several endangered species of birds and animals.
New Smyrna Beach also offers visitors access to professional sports, cultural and recreational activities and world-class attractions. The area is dotted with museums and performing arts centers and the weekends are filled with festivals and concerts. New Smyrna Beach was named one of the “Top Small Cities for the Arts,” and is home to the Atlantic Center for the Arts and the Little Theater of New Smyrna Beach. New Smyrna is located in Volusia county one hour away from Orlando International airport.
The Team – The Hospital
As a Sound Physicians Hospitalist, you will work in a culture of integrity, teamwork, service, quality & innovation. You will work with a physician-centric administration that supports leadership training and seeks to work collaboratively with physician leaders to affect positive changes for the medical staff and its community.
Florida Hospital New Smyrna is a Planetree facility and one of the 25 participating hospitals in the country.
- 112 bed community based, not for profit hospital
- Established 14 Physician team
- Hospitalist runs codes
- No call environment
- Open ICU with full back up
- Procedures not required
- 5 on/5 off block schedule for nights preferred but flexible (dedicated nocturnist)
- Cerner EMR
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME.
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
- H1B eligible facility
- Visa sponsorship available through our retained immigration attorney with all required filing fees and services covered