Amarillo, Texas – Currently hiring Internal or Family Medicine (Physician Hospitalist and Nocturnist)
Small Town Feel in a Big City!
Amarillo is historically known as "The Yellow Rose of Texas,” as the city takes its name from the Spanish word for yellow and has been most recently referred to as "Rotor City, USA" for its V-22 Osprey hybrid aircraft assembly plant.
- Recently voted as one of the top cities in the country to start a business and raise a family
- Clean, modern downtown with a small town feeling
- Low cost of living
- Relatively dry climate; summer days are warm to hot with low humidity with pleasant evenings
- Located near the middle of the Texas Panhandle; Amarillo sits closer in proximity to the Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Colorado borders
Through People We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Northwest Texas Health Center, as a designated tertiary care academic institution, the hospital provides patients with advanced technological innovations for diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of clinical conditions. Northwest is nationally known for heart, emergency, stroke and children’s care.
- 495 bed hospital
- Established 10 physician team, including two Nocturnist and a Hospitalist RN
- Northwest is nationally known for heart, emergency, stroke and children’s care
- Residents run codes
- No Call environment
- Open ICU
- Procedures required; central lines, vent management, and intubations
- Critical Care background preferred
- Blocked schedule with 7on/7off for a sustainable career; 7am - 7pm and 7pm - 7am
- Competitive pay! Nocturnist 370k+ per year and daytime Hospitalist 300k+ per year
- CERNER EMR
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance