Hospitalist - Internal Medicine
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 15 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
The Commons, located in Minneapolis, is the headquarters of Allina Health, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, the site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Abbott Northwestern Hospital, part of Allina Health, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
- The Internal Medicine Hospitalist provides general medical care for hospitalized patients.
- Serves as the physician-of-record after accepting case responsibility for a hospitalized patient from his/her primary care physician, as well as for unassigned patients from the hospital, patients referred to the hospital from communities outside the area, and patients from physicians in the community who can no longer make hospital rounds on their patients.
- Note: Vent Management is required, while Central Lines are preferred.
- This position requires a Medical Doctorate degree (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) or foreign equivalent from an approved school of medicine.
- Completion of IM Residency. IM/Peds is also acceptable, although this is not a Peds Hospitalist position.
- MN License.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible.
- General Hospitalist Medicine Skills