Hospitalist - Internal Medicine
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Mercy Hospital is the premier hospital in the northern metropolitan communities of the Twin Cities. It is located on two campuses: one in Coon Rapids, and one in Fridley. Together, these facilities offer nationally recognized clinical excellence and compassionate health care services, including cancer care, heart and vascular services, emergency and trauma care, surgical services and da Vinci® System, The Mother Baby Center at Mercy with Children’s Minnesota, Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, the Joint Replacement Center and women’s and children’s services. In 2016, Mercy Hospital was named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals and 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals in the U.S. by Truven Health Analytics. With 3,500+ employees, 830+ affiliated physicians and 420 staffed beds, Mercy Hospital provides inpatient and outpatient services to more than 270,000 patients each year.
NOTE: This is a general Hospitalist role, but we are also open to a Nocturnist. This position will also be a joint hire between the Mercy and Unity campuses of Mercy Hospital and will have shifts at both sites.
- Provide general medical care for adult hospitalized patients including consults from specialists within the hospital
- Open ICU, staffed with Intensivists 24/7/365.
- Vent Management strongly encouraged.
- Completion of Internal Medicine residency.
- Graduate of an approved M.D. or D.O. program.
- Board Eligible/Board Certified (BE/BC) in Internal Medicine
- MN License required.
- Current BLS/ACLS required.
- Comfortable working in an open ICU.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 7 on / 7 off schedule.
- Salary Range: Market Competitive.
- Allina employed position.
- Allina Physician benefits package.