Canton, Ohio, located in Stark County, is home to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the National First Ladies' Historic Site and many other cultural and historic landmarks. The greater Stark County area also offers several school districts rated excellent by the Ohio Department ofEducation and exceptional colleges and universities, including the University of Mount Union, Malone University, Walsh University, Kent State University at Stark and Stark State College.
You'll also find easy access to restaurants, farmers' markets, shopping and entertainment venues in Stark County, along with numerous cultural and performing artsevents – from orchestras and theatres to museums and art galleries. Stark County also borders a pastoral region recognized as the world's largest Amish community. The Amish are known for their simple life and exquisite craftsmanship.
The Team – The Hospital
As a Sound Physicians Hospitalist, you will work in a culture of integrity, teamwork, service, quality & innovation. You will work with a physician-centric administration that supports leadership training and seeks to work collaboratively with physician leaders to affect positive changes for the medical staff and its community.
Mercy Medical Center, a ministry of the Sisters of Charity Health System serving Stark, Carroll, Wayne, Holmes, and Tuscarawas Counties and parts of Southeastern Ohio.
- 476 bed hospital
- Established 19 physician team with 4 advanced practitioners and 2 hospitalist RN’s
- Residents and Hospitalists run codes
- No call environment
- Open ICU; proficiency in procedures desired, but not required
- Blocked schedule with 7on/7off for a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload
- MediTech EMR
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME.
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
- H1B Eligible facility
- Visa sponsorship available through our retained immigration attorney with all required filing fees and services covered
- Resident physicians and new grads welcome to apply