- Manages and supervises all aspects of hospital activities, including planning and direction, public relations, budget and finance, personnel administration, volunteer services, purchase and supply, plant maintenance, housekeeping, general administrative services, and coordination of medical staff activities with the patient care program.
- Administers, directs and coordinates all activities of the hospital. Implements established policies, rules, and regulations affecting all hospital activities in personnel, establishing procedures for systematic performance of hospital duties.
- Acts as liaison among Hospital Board, medical staff and hospital personnel, and encourages maintenance of professional and medical standards, and regular scheduled inter-departmental meeting where appropriate to maintain liaison between the medical staff and other hospital departments.
- Ensures that equipment and facilities exist consistent with the communities' needs and goals, and is primarily responsible for the safety and protection of hospital patients.
- Directs formulation and maintenance of an effective program of public relations.
- Implements the control and effective utilization of the fiscal and financial resources of the hospital and employs a system or responsible accounting, including budget and internal controls to maintain a sound financial structure.
- Formulates sound personnel policies and disseminates these policies to all hospital employees, by developing an organizational structure with clear defined lines of authority in areas of responsibility.
- Supervises maintenance and protection of buildings and grounds, giving final approval in equipment and supplies, and contracting for new construction.
- Prepares reports for and attends meetings with the Hospital Board regarding the total activities of the hospitals as well as governmental developments which affect health care.
- Keeps up to date with advances in management techniques and business methods, technological changes, and economic and political trends, broadening the prospective and scope of hospital services to meet the expanding needs of the community the hospital serves.
- Reviews and acts upon the reports of authorized inspecting agencies. Maintains liaison with local, state, and regional hospital and governmental health counsels and planning agencies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Prior experience as a hospital CEO or COO in an acute care facility. Sound knowledge of hospital operations, finances and management.
- Verbal ability is required to effectively express ideal and views when speaking to groups, hospital directors, personnel, and to gather and analyze data in reports.
- Numerical ability is required to evaluate statistical data and to make various computations in planning hospital operations and budget.
- A preference for activities involving esteem of others is required in order to lead professional and non-professional workers and to participate in community activities.
- Organizational ability to plan and control the activities of one or more departments.
- Ability to evaluate reports, research studies, and other data against both judgmental and verifiable criteria.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing conditions and the various details of the job.
- Education: Masters degree in either Business Administration, Hospital Administration or equivalent
- Experience: 5 years experience in an administrative capacity
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!