With over 45 years of experience in helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs, improve workflow and enhance safety. Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care pharmacist in the United States. Cardinal Health is the employer of choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote order entry, business management, medication therapy management and more.
This position is located in Las Vegas, NVat PAM Specialty Hospital of Las Vegas managed by Cardinal Health.
The Pharmacy Manager is responsible for overseeing all medication storage and preparation in the facility/pharmacy. They ensure that the pharmacy provides optimal services; meets all legal, accreditation, and certification requirements; and complies with all applicable policies, procedures, codes, and standards of the organization. This is a working manager role.
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of hospital pharmacy operations and/or pharmacy support staff
- Administers and executes hospital and pharmacy policies and procedures
- Ensures pharmacy staff operate within established guidelines
- Will interact with staff, internal and external customers and peer groups at various management levels
- Direct monthly medication area inspections and have supporting documentation
- Participate in hospital committee meetings necessary to enhance practice and patient care
- Perform special projects as requested
- Must be a "good standing" licensed Pharmacist and/or eligible for licensure in the state of Nevada.
- IV Certified
- 3+ years of hospital pharmacy and preferably hospital pharmacy management experience.
- Ability to develop, implement and lead all aspects of pharmacy operation
- Ability to see, hear, write, and speak clearly in order to communicate with customers and health care professionals
- Excellent planning, organizing and leadership skills
- Strong customer orientation and negotiation skills
- Pressure to perform in emergency situations
- Overall decision making responsibility
- Ability to work on call or be in an on call rotation.