- The Hospital Operations Manager is responsible for managing the daily operation of a hospital-based Asset360 program, which includes managing the customer relationship and supervising employees. The Hospital Operations Manager is responsible for managing and maximizing equipment utilization, inventory and supplies and for participating in revenue growth activities to achieve the short and medium-term financial and operating objectives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Hospital Operations Manager I:
- Proactively manages customer on-site service program (i.e. Asset360) and provides leadership and direction to all on-site employees to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Partners with internal teams on customer meetings to promote revenue growth, cost containment and expansion of services with customers.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of medical. Conducts training for the company and customer staff on medical equipment.
- Manages equipment inventory and par levels consistent with contract terms, pricing and policies.
- Manages missing and lost equipment, accessories and software upgrades.
- Understands and performs audits and periodic internal reviews to ensure proper business management practices are followed.
- Complies with patient privacy laws in all matters.
- Participates in hospital committees (e.g., Infection Control, Quality Control, Product Evaluation, Safety and Security Committees). Integrates appropriate hospital protocols and processes into daily activities.
- Operates with a proactive approach towards safety, health and quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer policies and regulations.
- Recruits, trains and develops employees. Provides cross and lateral training, emphasizing continuous improvement and teamwork, and providing on-going feedback with focused action steps for areas of improvement.
- Promotes communication among team members to create visibility for internal staff and the customer.
- Makes sound and timely decisions.
- Develops staffing and on-call schedules based on demand.
- Holds self and staff accountable for completion of assignments.
- Understands and uses effective conflict resolution skills, e.g., identifies and resolves customer and staff concerns, discrepancies and/or disagreements
- Ensures accurate documentation for billing and regulatory compliance.
- Understands billing for account invoices and assists with account receivable collections.
- Performs other assigned duties.
Operations Manager II:
In addition to all tasks associated with Operations Manager I:
- Manages an Asset360 program(s) that individually or collectively is a Tier 1 program based on revenue size, complexity and staffing demands
- Trains, mentors and on-boards new Hospital Operation Managers.
- Serves as part of training team for other members in division/region.
- Proven ability to and/or manages multiple sites.
- Uses customer facing skills to expand relationships in program, and excels at initiating solution-oriented discussions with the customer.
- Considered a subject matter expert with Asset360, medical equipment and office policies and procedures.
- Participates in new Asset360 implementations.
- Demonstrates superior understandings of service offerings and contractual obligations.
- Exhibits excellent presentation skills, conducting annual and quarterly customer reviews and in-servicing, and comfort in a group setting.
- Initiates and successfully implements continuous improvement efforts in office and account management. Demonstrates a high level of sales aptitude with customers, and identifies and brings opportunities to review as part of the territory planning process.
Operations Manager III:
In addition to all tasks associated with Operations Manager II:
- Leading leaders of teams
- Travel across multistate territory to accounts
- Reports directly to Divisional Operations Director
- Ensures contractual compliance
- Standardized all programs in Division to processes
- Develop high, wide & deep client relationships
- Work with key sales rep to grow new business segments
- Establish an account maturity index
These job descriptions in no way state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in one of these positions. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of supervision/management experience and customer excellence experience.
- Prior work experience in hospital setting preferred.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry; an understanding of hospital medical equipment is preferred.
- Business and financial management expertise to assist with contract management and account margin maintenance.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Effectively builds credibility and trust with customer administration, clinicians and staff.
- Possesses quality orientation with a “get it right the first time” attitude.
- Understanding of Profit and Loss (P&L) statements and customer profitability reports.
- Experience working in a time-critical environment.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as nights and emergency off-hours as required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to lift and/or push 75 pounds.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Demonstrates strong communication and presentation skills (listening, writing and speaking).
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Demonstrates team orientation and shows respect for others.
- Organized; prioritizes to meet deadlines.
- Responds positively to challenges and targets.
- Remains calm and self-controlled in the face of ambiguity and change.