Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
5 - 7 years
Posted 71 days ago
Novartis provides innovative healthcare solutions that address the evolving needs of patients and societies. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Novartis offers a diversified portfolio to best meet these needs: innovative medicines, cost-saving generic and biosimilar pharmaceuticals and eye care. Novartis has leading positions globally in each of these areas. In 2016, the Group achieved net sales of USD 48.5 billion, while R&D throughout the Group amounted to approximately USD 9.0 billion. Novartis Group companies employ approximately 121,000 full-time-equivalent associates. Novartis products are sold in approximately 155 countries around the world.
This territory covers the following:
Maine area, New Hampshire area and some of Vermont area
The Cardiovascular Hospital/Account Specialist (CH/AS) serves a dual role (i.e... account management and account sales) with-in the Cardiovascular/Respiratory Business Unit.
•The CH/AS is accountable for Novartis’ Cardiovascular business perfor-mance consistent with Novartis’ compliance standards as well as all applicable requirements within assigned accounts.
•The Account Specialist leads the heart failure specific account strategy and implementation plan.
•The Account Specialist is a matrixed leader of a high-performing team with area sales functions and US Managed Markets (USMM) colleagues responsible for creating and pulling through access and utilization for the approved CV products with appropriate patients.
• Builds and develops professional relationships with key customer decision-makers, to include (but not limited to), Hospital Pharmacy, Heart Failure Clinical and Quality Directors (inpatient and outpatient), hospital finance decision makers in assigned accounts within assigned accounts.
• Responsible for routinely meeting with appropriate cardiology leaders in appropriate customer preferred setting. These cardiology leaders would be Cardiologists, Nephrologists, P&T committee members, etc., that act as stakeholders or decision-makers within the Account Specialist’s assigned accounts
• Accountable for ensuring formulary adoption in targeted / assigned hospital accounts to help drive appropriate utilization of approved CV products; works with other sales colleagues to manage and coordinate pull-through of Letters of Commitment (LOC)
• Leverages expertise and knowledge of heart failure, the marketplace, applicable competitors, industry and cross-functional activities/plans to anticipate and effectively manage business opportunities and challenges
• Understands intra system dynamics in heart failure– e.g.: inpatient to outpatient management and protocols, readmission programs, performance vs quality metrics, CHF performance priorities
• Understands hospital committee structure, P&T process, treatment and discharge protocols, DRG and hospital reimbursement process for all assigned accounts and communicates with matrixed team on impact to our approved CV products and the competition
• Provides relevant, thoughtful input to strategic, business and account planning for territory and sales area, and engages in meaningful discussion and communication with area internal stakeholders
• Develop and manage Heart Failure specific Account Plan, including linked inpatient strategies and outpatient strategies
• Prioritizes time and resources to ensure optimal and appropriate coverage of hospitals and outpatient cardiology leaders based on opportunity and importance to the system
• Map heart failure specific account influence and decision making networks
• Positions Novartis’ heart failure solutions in the context of account priorities, such as how solutions align with account’s cost & outcome/quality measures
• Presents pharma economic data for approved CV products and delivers clinical messages in compliance with regulations to appropriate audiences
• Anticipates potential barriers to achievement of goals and proposes solutions for success
• Act as liaison between Medical and cardiovascular leaders (when appropriate) in their accounts
• Ability to travel over a broad geography is required.
• This position requires the ability to drive within their assigned territory by automobile (and in some territories to travel by airplane).
This is a remote role.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Education (minimum/preferred): Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus.
•Languages: Fluent English, excellent communication skills
Experience/Professional requirement: Minimum:
• A minimum five (5) years of experience in pharmaceutical / biotech sales within the last 10 years
• A minimum of two (2) years of specialty pharma/biotech experience within the last 5 years dedicated to hospitals and/or Systems of Care/Institutions
• Proven track record of consistent high performance
• Well versed in navigating the pharmacy and therapeutics (P&T) process
• Demonstrated ability to lead account team initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data
• Candidate must be properly licensed and able to safely operate and drive an automobile in order to perform field calls on customers; must have a driving record deemed safe by the Company.
• Some territories will require regular airline travel and over-night stays in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
•Most will at least require occasional airline travel and over-night stays for training or other business purposes. Ability to travel, including overnight travel, is a fundamental requirement for the job.
• Experience in the promotion of cardiovascular pharmaceuticals / biotech products
• Broad understanding of the market access, diagnostic related groups (DRG), hospital reimbursement, and protocol development
• Launch experience in hospital marketplace
• Demonstrated success in hospital account management/selling
• Demonstrated decision making, effective problem-solving and strategic thinking skills
• Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally within a matrixed environment
• Demonstrated ethical leadership and foster an environment that promotes ethical behavior and compliance with company policies and applicable laws
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical and computer capabilities
•Ability to influence others without formal authority in a matrix environment