The Hospital Account Manager, Medical Device Division (MDD) contributes to OAPI’s overall sales objective by performing assigned sales related activities. Provides hospitals, physicians, lab directors and healthcare providers with products, services, and information that will enable them to use OAPI products safely and effectively. Ensures full compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and OAPI policies in all aspects of interactions with healthcare professionals.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Achieves the assigned sales objective for the territory.
- Effectively manages the necessary process to ensure product acceptance to assigned hospital accounts by establishing credibility with key hospital stakeholders, performing timely product review, expediting laboratory acceptance of product, implementing Effective plan for product pull-through, and organizing in-services to communicate appropriate approved product information to appropriate hospital personnel and cover all shifts.
- Attains the designated goals for calls on appropriate accounts and healthcare professionals to communicate balanced, accurate, and complete information on OAPI products.
- Executes calls on lab directors in order to provide product information and to ensure the availability of OAPI products in assigned accounts of territory.
- Manages the territory in an efficient and orderly manner through effective business planning and implementation, ascribing to principles of key account prioritization/physicians.
- Coordinates appropriately and effectively with Hospital Account Executives to ensure successful pull through of greater corporate initiatives.
- Collaborates with managed markets team as appropriate with support of RSM and HAE
- Demonstrates ability to pull through hospital lab placement of assigned product(s) in associated community physician practices that utilize assigned account lab services.
- Demonstrates a consistent completion of administrative requirements including reporting in a timely manner, budget management, log-ins, etc.
- Operates the territory within the assigned expense budget.
- Completes all required training courses and continually updates product knowledge.
- Complies with all state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines including PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals as well as complying with all OAPI standards and policies relating to all job activities.
- Completes all expense report activities within timelines and company guidelines.
- Understands and consistently applies OAPI’s corporate values and policies to everyday activities.
- Assists Regional Sales Manager in training new hospital specialists.
- Knowledge of patient flow and treatment options
- Knowledge of relationship between institutions, IDNs, and satellite offices
- Knowledge of reimbursement issues in the healthcare industry including managed care, institutional and retail market channels, disease states, and how those and other factors interact
- Ability to Link solutions to patient customer needs, deliver a Compelling Presentation, displays personal conviction, and establishes credibility and trust
- Ability to gather customer specific information, analyze quantitative data, and interpret information
- Ability to clarify customer interests, address customer issues, and manages customer expectations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time-management, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to apply newly learnt knowledge and skills
- Computer skills
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to meet appropriate healthcare facility credentialing guidelines
- Valid drivers license and good driving record (no more than three moving violation convictions with the past three years)
- B.S. or B.A. degree + 4 years experience as a Sales Representative within OAPI or in another pharmaceutical company
- Experience in hospital specific selling or applicable Registered Healthcare Professional experience
- Experience selling in the given area
- Travel (approximately 30%)