Manages, coordinates, facilitates and supports the members of the interdisciplinary team in provision of hospice care to patient/families of VNS Health Hospice Care Program, including After Hours. Ensures the implementation of clinical/quality improvement initiatives for hospice services in compliance with regulatory requirements. Demonstrates knowledge and commitment to excellence in clinical practice and customer service. Works under general direction.
• Ensures the use of an interdisciplinary approach to assess the medical, physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient. Ensures that support and direction to patient’s families are provided in accordance with the patient’s Interdisciplinary Plan of Care/Hospice Care mission, objectives, policies and procedures.
• Participates in Hospice Team meetings, IDG management meetings, and serves on relevant committees for the purposes of information exchange, team collaboration, development of procedures and documentation tools, development of quality and training.
• Ensures full regulatory compliance with Hospice Conditions of Participation and standards through review, monitoring and audit (ad hoc / regular) of files, processes and procedures.
• Collaborates with Quality Improvement/Education in the development and implementation of quality improvement and educational activities to ensure professional practice standards are consistently met for each member of the team. Participates in the design, implementation, evaluation and modification of quality initiatives and educational plans.
• Initiates, coordinates, performs and assists in the analysis of clinical, regulatory and fiscal practice. Assists leadership in achieving Hospice Care goals, objectives, and fiscal targets by providing support with compliance and/or innovation to achieve improvement.
• Manages the day to day operations of the department, which includes effective caseload or visit management, achievement of productivity and revenue/expenditure targets for Hospice Care.
• Completes all work assignments, which includes audits, reports and projects.
• Performs all duties inherent in a managerial role. Ensures effective staff training, evaluates staff performance, provides input for the development of the department budget, and hires, promotes, and terminates staff and recommends salary actions as appropriate.
• For daytime coverage only:
• Facilitates and manages the interdisciplinary group for provision of an effective and comprehensive hospice services to patient/families of VNS Health Hospice Program.
Licenses and Certifications:
License and current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State Required
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an approved program accredited by the National League of Nursing or Health or Human Services field or the equivalent work experience Required
Minimum three years of clinical nursing experience, preferably in a home care or hospice setting Required
Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required
Clinical management experience preferre
Knowledge of personal computer operations, including MS Office applications Preferred
$95,300.00 - $127,000.00 Annual.
About Visiting Nurse Service HealthLearn More About Visiting Nurse Service Health