Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s how our Hospice improves quality of life in the final stages of life. By delivering palliative care by hospice professionals, our patients can spend their remaining days in comfort and peace. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, including Gentiva, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
We believe that every moment matters. We believe in compassionate care. Most of all, we believe in dignity and respect for each patient we serve.
As a Clinical Manager Specialist for our Hospice Division, you will:
- Coordinate and oversee all direct and indirect patient/client services provided by clinical staff.
- Define and communicate expectations regarding quality provision of services and productivity to interdisciplinary team to assist them in continually improving all aspects of Company services.
- Provide regular communication with the hospice staff, including clinical staff, regarding pertinent organizational and clinical issues.
- Be responsible for the oversight of the assessment and evaluation, intervention and documentation of patient and family needs.
- Manage the CQI program as directed. This would include conducting a quarterly Designated IDT/CQI and safety committee meeting, coordinating with committee members on assigned surveys and audits, ensuring the completion of all requiredaudit results and reports (per CQI Plan), and completing meeting minutes and maintain the CQI Manual.
- Ensure Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) staffing meets requirements of Company ratios per census.
- Oversee maintenance of patient/client clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of agency activities ensuring all patient medical record documentation is present per Company HealthCare Policy and Procedures and in compliance with local, state and federal law.
- Be responsible for management of DME, labor, mileage, and supply costs within budget.
- Assure compliance with local, state and federal laws, Medicare regulations, HIPAA and established Company HealthCare policies and procedures.
- Maintain Company Quality Improvement Program in conjunction with CQI Manager.
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years clinical management experience, including the supervision of nursing staff
- Minimum of three years hospice, home health or related organization experiencepreferred with understanding of hospice care provided through an interdisciplinary team
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Demonstrate good organizational, people and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and understanding of reimbursement/appeal processes
- Proficient in basic PC skills. Microsoft Word and Excel
- Travels extensively, must live close to a major airport.
keywords: registered nurse, RN Job, RN Jobs, Registered Nurse Job, Registered Nurse Jobs, Nursing, home care manager, homecare manager, home health manager, home care supervisor, homecare supervisor, home health supervisor, home care director, homecare director, home health director, clinical director, clinical manager, clinical supervisor, RN clinical director, RN clinical manager, RN clinical supervisor, nurse clinical manager, nurse clinical director, nurse clinical supervisor, clinical administrator, nurse administrator, RN administrator, patient care manager, patient care director, patient care supervisor, director of nursing, manager of nursing, supervisor of nursing, DON, DOCS, director of clinical services, field case manager, RN manager, RN supervisor, RN director, registered nurse director, registered nurse manager, registered nurse supervisor, nurse management, home health management, homecare management, home care management, hospice manager, hospice director, hospice supervisor, hospice nursing, hospice management, hospice RN manager, hospice RN director, hospice RN supervisor, home health management job, home health management jobs, homecare management job, homecare management jobs, home care management job, home care management jobs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Job Location Chicago, Illinois, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code 32443