The Hospice Care Consultant (HCC) is responsible for modeling the 3 Company values of Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence, and for promoting the Compassus philosophy, using the 6 Pillars of success as the foundation. S/he is responsible for upholding the Code of Ethical Conduct and for promoting positive working relationships within the company, among all departments, and all external stakeholders. The HCC is responsible for leading the business development activities to drive admissions within assigned book of business. Through cross-functional cooperation, the HCC is responsible for the total value creation from the account relationships within the book of business. The HCC will be the primary face of the company to these referral sources and will develop business plans, marshal the company's resources to secure growth, build collaboration and report success against these plans. These resources will include account management, clinical education, relationship building, referral development and securing admissions. The HCC ensures Compassus services are in demand across the assigned book of business to meet or exceed assigned targets for all referral sources. The HCC coordinates with other colleagues to provide customer focus after the admission and during the referral process to increase positive customer relationships and to identify other growth opportunities in their assigned book of business. The HCC is responsible for submitting a variety of reports, including CRM reporting, as well as growth plans in a timely and accurate manner.
Position Specific Responsibilities
- In specified assigned accounts within the book of business, the HCC generates demand for Compassus services by constantly improving the company’s competitive position.
- Responsible for achieving and growing total revenue, including hospice admissions in assigned book of business. Assists in advancing market position consistent with Company goals. Achieves deep and thorough account penetration and develops new target accounts to obtain new and expanded referral relationships.
- Understands the strategic context of the referral persons and the markets in which Compassus competes.
- Builds relationships at all levels within the customer organization and utilizes a higher level of referral person call point to build robust relationships with influencer, decision makers and account champions.
- Communicates with, aligns, and collaborates with the extended Compassus colleagues to execute on the book of business growth strategy.
- Articulates plans to cross functional stakeholders and gains commitment to collaborate and execute.
- Responsible for complete book of business analysis and planning to ensure growth goals are achieved.
- Develops and manages key referral relationships. Services book of business and interfaces directly with physicians, staff, and administrators.
- Serves existing and prospective referral relationships by discovering customer needs and requirements and by meeting or exceeding their expectations.
- Conducts growth presentations for new and existing referral sources as necessary.
- Continuously works with referral sources to monitor performance and identify needs.
- Provides clinical training and education to customers. Assists in disseminating clinical information to referral sources, coordinating relevant colleague interactions to assist with growth goals of assigned book of business.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate records in the CRM. Interfaces with leadership, marketing and executive team to quantify needs and to provide intelligence to management on competition and service programming enhancements.
- Keeps abreast of new programming and service offerings in the market and of current and future Company solutions.
- Monitors and reports service complaints or concerns.
- Consistently works to improve personal knowledge and selling acumen to become of greater value to the most important current and prospective referral sources and to the Company.
- Maintains the necessary reporting documents, including CRM records, admissions and referral forecasts, pipeline, market trends, competitor activities, and strategic initiatives reports that provide adherence to Compassus policy.
- Responsible for the success of the assigned book of business in terms of the Compassus’ reputation and profitability.
- Networks extensively within assigned book of business and related accounts.
- Manages complex, interdepartmental referral source decision makers, influencers and champions.
- Ensures that the Compassus’ relationship is indispensable and irreplaceable to the referral source.
- Requires cultural sensitivity within a diverse work environment.
- Maintains knowledge of referral source’s long-term goals, objectives, and overall business strategies.
- Engages current and prospective referral sources in new solution development initiatives.
- Drives the referral source’s organization toward mutually agreed upon clinical standards and education goals.
- Provides insights to positively impact the Compassus strategic plan.
- Increases credibility and brand awareness in the marketplace.
- Sets a standard of ethics and excellence in alignment with the Compassus Pillars.
- Acts as an ambassador of professional standards.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's in Business and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous successful related experience, including five plus years of related industry experience, of which included a successful track record in customer relationship and account management in the appropriate industry segment.
- Proven selling and customer relationship management skills with the ability to navigate a sales process to include stakeholders/partners.
- Strong clinical knowledge, with the confidence to knowledgably engage key stakeholders such as physicians, clinical staff, nurses, and department managers to present a value proposition.
- Professional presence that influences desired results with both external and internal stakeholders.
- A valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
- A valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them
differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.