We have been retained by a hospice care facility and they are seeking a Hospice Administrator candidate to join their team. We are looking for the best and brightest for this Hospice Administrator position in Myrtle Beach, SC area. You will love the location, the people, the company, the work, the cost of living, the compensation and the quality of life.
Is this you??? – Hospice Administrator
Salary $93k-$100k DOE + Benefits – Myrtle Beach, SC area
- Must be a local candidate with hospice management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical field, healthcare administration, or management.
- Licensed healthcare professional licensed to practice in the State preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year supervisory or management experience in a healthcare setting. Hospice experience preferred.
- Knowledge of hospice concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Microsoft Office and clinical database experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
Hospice Administrator Summary
The Administrator is responsible for the total management of the Hospice office within the framework of any policies approved by the Governing Body.
- Understands the Hospice objectives as outlined by the Governing Body of the organization.
- Works to achieve objectives within the framework of policies and delegated powers and responsibilities established and approved by the Governing Body.
- Takes leadership responsibility in supporting management staff, which provides an atmosphere where they and their subordinates can work effectively and efficiently.
- Provides leadership in governance, development, and management, including day-to-day operations, fiscal management, development, and program expansion.
- Meets with interdisciplinary group to coordinate and review activities in order to achieve the goals of the agency.
- Takes a lead role with the interdisciplinary team in the implementation of operating policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations to the Operations Department leadership regarding new policies and suggests operating goals and strategic proposals.
- Ensures that the policies and procedures related to the management, operation and evaluation of the office site are implemented.
- Monitors and appraises the results of programs and services, recommending and implementing changes as required.
- Maintains system for on-going and yearly review of the performance of immediate subordinates.
- Monitors financial position continuously.
- Provides the Operations Department leadership with reports and information as indicated and required, and is able to review the operations of the office site in order to provide constructive advice and guidance for any corrective action.
- Employs, terminates, manages and supervises all staff either directly or by delegation.
- Coordinates staff operation. Ensures employment of qualified Director of Nursing and other staff and ensures that there is sufficient staff to provide Hospice care at all times.
- Prepares reports concerning the results and outcomes of programs and services.
- Represents the hospice to community, state and national media, while pursuing a continuous strengthening of the organization through appropriate development.
- Pursues a continuing program of formal and informal education in professional and management areas in order to maintain and strengthen performance.
- Plans and initiates short and long-term activities, maintaining the mission of the Hospice while creatively implementing new activities to keep the agency vital.
- Functions as peacemaker; facilitates discussion with individual staff members to help them resolve conflicts to ensure better working relationships.
- Ensures that there are effective mechanisms to facilitate communication among the hospice staff, hospice care team, and patients, their family units, and their legal guardians, if any.
- Provides an orientation, training, and supervision program for every employee and volunteer that addresses the hospice services and the performance of the specific job to which the employee or volunteer is assigned.
- Other duties as requested.
Permanent U.S. work authorization required; current and/or future sponsorship is not available.