I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, including Gentiva, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
As a Director of Clinical Operations, you will:
- Participate in/encourage quality assessment and improvement activities. Generate reports for regional, divisional and corporate offices.
- Review and evaluate resources and staffing and ensures talent, manpower and resources are in place to meet the clinical needs and objectives. Assist in identification and utilization of appropriate divisional/corporate resources to meet established performance standards.
- Ensure branches and programs are in compliance with standards/company policies/procedures and external regulatory requirements. Ensure that clinical associate documentation meets these requirements. Review and adhere to all Company policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook.
- Consult with regional/divisional/corporate staff and operational delivery/business contacts to identify solutions to location/region needs/concerns.
- Serve as an expert resource to the branch for patient intake/inquiries, the assessment of patient needs and clinical oversight. Is responsible for coordinating with otherinternal/external expert areas to assist branch issues or inquiries.
- Develop and implement appropriate support plan to meet specific, identified objectives for support activities and respond to negative trends in performance metrics (clinical outcomes, field audit results, etc.) by assisting location managers in the development of action plans to resolve local issues.
- Mentor and direct operations to ensure the provision of quality service is consistent with applicable government laws/regulations and corporate policies/guidelines/standards.
- Collaborate with Operations Management to assist in meeting their business and clinical objectives - supporting/maximizing current business activities, future growth and provision of quality patient care.
- Mentor office management in understanding clinical aspects of the reimbursement process, (e.g., utilization management, focused medical reviews, denials, etc.) and provide education to improve documentation ensuring accurate reimbursement for services.
- Provide direction regarding clinical process improvement methods and guide associates in the implementation of new process/procedures/methods.
- Provide education/training on Company policy, clinical process and procedures to operations and branch management, and clinicians in settings ranging from one-on-one sessions to group facilitation.
- Facilitate implementation of Company initiatives, changes in policy/regulation/process/procedures.
- Collaborate and coordinate efforts with the Clinical Operations department and other pertinent entities to ensure consistent direction to field locations and support in meeting company goals and objectives.
- Maintain ongoing clinical knowledge through internal and/or external training programs, provide interpretation of knowledge and direction to staff.
- Develop and prepare communications to keep operations management and clinical operations informed of status, problems, achievements, etc.
- Proactively identify issues impacting patient care and/or office operations and involve up-line operations management and/or clinical operations, as indicated.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing or the equivalent.
- A diploma from an accredited Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, or Speech Therapy Program and current unrestricted licensure to practice as an RN, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Therapist in the state(s) required.
- A minimum of eight years clinical experience including two years in home care environment generally required.
- Master’s degree and/or supervisory experiencepreferred.
keywords: registered nurse, RN Job, RN Jobs, Registered Nurse Job, Registered Nurse Jobs, Nursing, home care manager, homecare manager, home health manager, home care supervisor, homecare supervisor, home health supervisor, home care director, homecare director, home health director, clinical director, clinical manager, clinical supervisor, RN clinical director, RN clinical manager, RN clinical supervisor, nurse clinical manager, nurse clinical director, nurse clinical supervisor, clinical administrator, nurse administrator, RN administrator, patient care manager, patient care director, patient care supervisor, director of nursing, manager of nursing, supervisor of nursing, DON, DOCS, director of clinical services, field case manager, RN manager, RN supervisor, RN director, registered nurse director, registered nurse manager, registered nurse supervisor, nurse management, home health management, homecare management, home care management, hospice manager, hospice director, hospice supervisor, hospice nursing, hospice management, hospice RN manager, hospice RN director, hospice RN supervisor, home health management job, home health management jobs, homecare management job, homecare management jobs, home care management job, home care management jobs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Job Location Bloomington, Minnesota, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code 43012