Description: In accordance with agency policy and state/federal regulations, provide independent, age-appropriate physical therapy to patients in their place of residence. Teach patient/family and care-givers preventative and rehabilitative procedures. Develop and coordinate the plan of care and provide case management.
- Evaluate patients and interpret evaluation findings to determine the nature and extent of dysfunction.
- Establish treatment goals and plan treatment to achieve established goals.
- Initiate discharge planning for physical therapy.
- Implement the plan of care through direct treatment of the patient, delegate a portion of the treatment plan to appropriate supportive personnel, and coordinate the treatment program with other health care personnel as appropriate.
- Provide advice and education to patient and family.
- Regularly reassess clinical signs and symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progress of patients towards goals, and the need for modifying goals and treatment.
- Discharge patient from physical therapy when the patient has received maximum benefit from physical therapy.
- In accordance with agency policy, provides accurate, timely documentation of physical therapy patient management.
- Participate in appropriate and approved educational and clinical research activities in physical therapy.
- Participate in specialized patient care clinics outside the department. Assist in the development, implementation, and review of departmental patient care programs.
- Perform other duties as needed in the areas of staff education, departmental operations, and departmental projects.
- Supervise the work of Home Health Aides (HHA) according to regulation and agency policy.
- Demonstrate on-going progress toward meeting the criteria for professional practice.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in physical therapy.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy curriculum with a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree with certification in Physical Therapy or foreign-trained equivalent.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current license to practice as a physical therapist in California.
- Current CA Driver's license & a clear driving record for the past two (2) years. Proof of automobile insurance as required by law.
- Approved BLS.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required as of May 23, 2007.
Job Number: 644742