In The Community
Beyond care inside the hospital, Dominican is dedicated to the health and wellness of the Santa Cruz community.
Community programs include a Mobile Wellness Clinic, a tattoo removal program, and support groups for patients and new mothers. In addition, and in accordance with our mission, Dominican Hospital supports programs for the underserved in our community, including children and adults, students, seniors, and the homeless population. Dominican also has received several awards for environmental excellence.
Position Summary: The Home Health Manager is responsible for ensuring that patient care is coordinated and managed appropriately. Responsible to make sure all regulatory requirments are met as they apply to clinical care of patients. Assures compliance for JCAHO standards in day-to-day operations. Directs and supervises clinical process improvement as it applies to clinical care and operation. Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Collaborates with other area supervisors and directors as required to support the hospital's role as a community health service provider
- Assists in developing and implementing a unit Quality Management Program consistent with hospital wide Performance Improvement Plan. Using CQI principles, operates the units within the financial and productivity guidelines setting goals and developing policies that support this objective.
- Provides for quality services by ensuring that the staff are well trained in the services to be provided.
- Addresses and resolves unit issues, including problem resolution related to customer complaints, concerns and suggestions.
- Ongoing Continuous Process Improvement Training
- Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy or Physical Therapy or Nursing
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, or Nursing
- Thorough knowledge of operations of all services supervised
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills