What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing quality and consistent underwriting for consumer direct loan applications and subordination requests of high complexity to ensure asset quality and profitability. Strives to achieve a balance of quality loan growth through sound credit practice, while maintaining service standards in a timely and professional manner. Provides high quality customer service including underwriting in a competitive timeframe. Serves as a consumer credit resource to the Retail Banking Group.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures sound lending decisions on consumer direct loan applications in accordance with the Bank's Loan Policies or within defined lending limits.
- Maintains knowledge of all bank policies and compliance regulations as they relate to consumer direct Loan Officer's function.
- Conducts credit investigations and analyzes all available credit information pertaining to loan decisions.
- Ensures all information needed to appropriately make a loan decision is obtained. Analyzes and evaluates financial statements and related materials for repayment ability. Includes reviewing self-employed, corporate and partnershiptax returns, profit and loss, as well as financial statement to determine borrower's income available for debt service.
- Analyzes applications outside of Loan Officer's lending limits and routes to appropriate loan personnel for concurrent loan decision.
- Provides assistance to create efficiencies and process flow improvements within the department.
- Underwrites larger dollar requests for home equityloan/line products. Communicates lending decisions to appropriate business unit.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge within a specific discipline typically gained through extensive work experience and/or education.
- Requires 7 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree business administration, finance or accounting
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Thorough knowledge of consumer loan/line products, processing, servicing, and collections.
- Thorough knowledge of consumer lending laws and regulations, direct lending practices and applicable consumer lending laws, and banking regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of automated loan decision software preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Consumer/Commercial loan income analysis.