Job Summary: This role will be responsible for Home Delivery partner management and for driving performance. It will support TSI Supply Chain and Home Delivery Operations in achieving its long-term vision of best in class service and performance: targeting order-to-delivery speed, customer experience/satisfaction, and cost. This position is tasked to identify opportunities for improvement, lead continuous improvement initiatives, and drive operational performance with our home delivery partners. This role requires collaboration across several TSI functional areas, third party logistics providers, and home delivery partners.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
- Home Delivery Partner management and oversight
- Manage the performance and relationship of 2-3 Home Delivery partners.
- Focus on order to delivery speed, reported issue rates, consumer experience survey responses, and other performance indicators to determine weaknesses/strengths and areas for opportunity.
- Work to understand partner processes within the order to delivery cycle (ie operational processes, administrative processes, info flow, etc), benchmark, and drive improvement. Provide structure and oversight on key areas where partners require process change and performance development.
- Intervene in exceptional situations to assist on specific order execution, forward and reverse logistics.
- Facilitate weekly scorecard/performance/key-topic reviews between TSI, HD partners, and 3rd party logistics provider.
- Participate and influence decision-making for any candidate/new HD partner considerations. Provide leadership in onboarding any new HD partners.
- Lead key home delivery improvement initiatives. Examples could include:
- Benchmark and define industry best practices. Identify and propose those that have best potential to improve TSI performance.
- Identify information flow inadequacies that impede quality and speed... signals flowing into the HD partner network and back to TSI from the HD partner network. Propose action plans/projects and manage through to completion.
- HD exception management and associated workflow process improvements
- Initiatives that generate step-function volume injections into the HD network that help drive operational efficiencies.
- Order-to-deliver speed initiatives such as: delivery appointment scheduling best practices, forward-stocking processes, etc.
- Influence pre-HD hub operational structure and processes to drive upstream efficiencies (cost, lead time, service quality, info quality, etc). Facilitate action and follow-through, with HD Ops mgt, across internal and external functions.
- Represent the Home Delivery function as a subject matter expert in internal and external meetings, calls, and projects.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
- Project management experience
- Process improvement experience
- Operational experience and knowledge
- Analytical skills
- Experience with third party logistics providers.
- Flexible and adaptive management style and capable to interact/engage cross-functionally in a dynamic retail environment
- Ability to present project and operational results to executive leadership and other managers
Internal and External Interfaces:
Member of Operations / Logistics organization
- Reports to: Director, Home Delivery Operations
- Transportation & Fleet Ops
- Customer Service & Order Management
- Executive Leadership
- Business groups (Direct, Alternative Channels, & Wholesale)
- Third Party Logistics Providers
- Home Delivery Partners
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience in logistics or operations, or Masters degree and 2+ years of supply chain experience, is preferred.
- Background in both outsourced and insourced environments is preferred
- Project management experience in Supply Chain
- Experience in process definition and process improvement
- Demonstrated capability of working effectively across functional teams
- Ability to communicate at all levels of business, develop and present findings, and make recommendations in small and large group settings
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite