What You Will Do:
Administratively responsible for all nurses and their supervision. Responsible for maintaining compliance with all licensure with the State of Maryland and The Joint Commission. Provides quality and cost effective care for patients requiring intravenous therapy in the home setting.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Responsible for all Infusion Nursing clinical services. Assures compliance with State Licensure, Medicare Certification, and Joint Commission Accreditation.
- Provides direct supervision, guidance and clinical leadership for assigned staff including hiring, coordinating, scheduling and performance evaluations.
- Responsible for infusion nurses competency development and ensure the nurses are competent.
- Develops policies and procedures related to Infusion Nursing.
- May participate in budget planning.
- Makes patient visits and provides patient centered care.
- Uses best practices to create nursing care plans to provide patient care.
- Assesses and evaluates patient specific needs and coordination of care. Ensures all required documentation is complete.
- Teaches the patient and/or family about the patients care needs, disease prevention and proper infection control measures.
- Coordinates patient care and maintains communication with all other necessary entities. This includes the Home Infusion Pharmacy and applicable providers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
- Registered Nurse, currently licensed with the state of Maryland.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in nursing, with one year minimum in Home Health Care or similar site of care.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with in the care and/or placement of peripheral and central line.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Preferred Certified Registered Nurse Infusion (CRNI)
- Knowledge of IV medications, indications, side effects. Experience infusing the medications and able to troubleshoot potential problems.