Home - Based Services Therapist
Lifeline Youth & Family Services, Inc. - Indianapolis, IN
General Statement of Responsibility
Provide home visitation and therapeutic services for Lifeline's Home-Based Services Program.
Qualifications for Therapist
- Master's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or marriage & family therapy REQUIRED.
- A degreewith60 semester hours of coursework that included classes in counseling theory, practice methods, research, DSM 5 (diagnostic), and 1 Practicum, 1Internship, and an Advanced Internship.
- Belief in the family preservation philosophy.
- Knowledge of family of origin / inter-generational issues.
- Knowledge of child and adult development and child abuse and neglect.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Provide structured, goal-oriented, time-limited therapy with families who need assistance in recovering from physical, sexual, emotional abuse, and neglect. Other issues may be present and may need to be addressed in the course of treatment.
- Engage and assist the family's participation in the treatment planning process.
- Visit in client's home no less than once per week.
- Accompany and support the family for court appearances.
- Provide emergency and crisis consultation on a 24-hour basis.
- Completion of clear, accurate documentation of 1) all contacts with clients, 2) monthly reports, 3) court reports, and 4) treatment plans. Provide any additional written reports to the referring agency as requested.
- Complete all clinical and agency paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrate respect and cultural sensitivity to all clients and to all referral sources.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times to protect clients' privacy.
- Comply withrequired in-service / continuing education hours as outlined in the policy manual.
- Engage in weekly staffing and address risk management areas to ensure safety.
- Contribute to Lifeline's Performance and Quality Improvement process.
- Ensure that services are provided Effectively, Efficiently, and with Evidence for each case.
Examples of Tasks for Therapist
- Assist and teach through role modeling and hands-on education, guidance, parenting
- Provide therapy with an emphasis on needed areas. Examples include, but are not limited to: stress management, communication skills, conflict resolution, goal setting, behavior modification, family organization and structure, self-esteem, etc.
- Demonstrate respect for sociocultural values, personal goals, lifestyle choices, and complex family interactions and deliver services in a culturally competent fashion. Provide transportation for the client for services, as needed.
- Assist client in finding and maintaining employment if needed.
- Offer insight and input to strengthen Lifeline's performance and quality of services and to improve client satisfaction.
Lifeline Youth & Family Services offers :
Below is a listing of the benefits, in general, offered:
- Competitive salary plus incentive pay
- Sign on Bonus
- Flexible scheduling
- Medical Time Off, Paid Time Off, Holiday Time off (7 holidays within the calendar year)
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accident indemnity, 403-b, and others.
- Tuition Assistance
- Reimburse the cost of application, testing fee for licensure for LSW/LMHCA/LMFTA/LCSW
- CEU Provider
- Monthly Cell phone stipend
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Laptops and printers for all staff.
Job Type: Full-time
- therapeutic services: 1year