Less than 5 years experience • Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
This is a position that involves analysis of raw materials and finished products through testing by various instrumental and wet bench chemistry methods. Duties include following written SOPs in a strict GMP environment while adhering to a designated timeline.
Analyst should have experience of validating test methods
Analyst should have some previous supervisory experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understands and follows SOPs pertaining to lab policies, instrumentation and test methods.
• Trains on and performs various instrumental (e.g., HPLC, GC, UV/Vis) and wet-bench analytical methods.
• Calibrates laboratory instruments prior to use, e.g., analytical balances, Karl Fischer Titrator arl and pH meter.
• Processes and reports results into LIMS system.
• Evaluates test results for suitability.
• Performs s method validation
• Supervises other temporary analysts
• Various “housekeeping” duties as assigned, e.g., washing glassware, hazardous waste removal.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Computer proficiency (e.g., email, word processing, spreadsheets).
• Knowledge of sample preparation, wet chemistry, general laboratory procedures and HPLC usage.
• Good interpersonal communications skills.
• Good organizational skills.
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related fields, or equivalent combination of education and experience.