??We are looking for HIX Procurement / Contracts Manager for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: HIX Procurement / Contracts Manager
Job Location: Boston, MA
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- The Procurement/Contracts Manager (PCM) supports the procurement activities under the direction of the Senior Procurement/Contracts Manager.
- The PCM serves as project manager for project assigned solicitations. In this role, the PCM manages, plans, organizes and controls the development activities of IT procurement/contracting projects at varying levels of complexity. As such, the PCM coordinates and monitors activities to ensure that projects are completed on time, ensures that requirements, deliverables and approvals are defined and documented; communicates project status; and ensures that the end products meet stakeholder requirements.
- Specific tasks include but are not limited to drafting schedules and assignments, scheduling and facilitating meetings (including live-scribe sessions), drafting document artifacts (in conjunction with a technical writer), compiling and editing drafts from other contributors, and related activities, including administrative tasks.
- The PCM ensures that project team members? roles and responsibilities are defined, and collaborates closely with agency Legal and Procurement staff to ensure compliance with established workflows, policies, and procedure.
- The PCM will engage business and technical users in the development and evaluation of bid responses. The PCM will also support MaHIX Program leadership by tracking and documenting progress of procurement activities and perform other contracts\procurement administrative tasks (as required).
- Serve as the key point of contact for procurement activities for MaHIX project
- Ensure compliance with MaHIX policies and procedures in processing procurement requests and engaging the appropriate support as needed.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings/working sessions involving procurement activities of vendors, program staff and Leadership
- Developing and managing project plans for assigned solicitations
- Coordinate collaboration of project staff and staff from multiple agencies regarding v
- Collaborate with internal Legal staff as needed to ensure adhering to State/Federal procurement processes and
- Serves as liaison for project staff and internal business partners on all matters related to procurement/contract issues
- Communicate risks and issues associated with procurement activities to the QA Analyst/ Change Management Analyst who will document properly for MaHIX Program leadership to review
- Ensure all procurement artifacts are properly documented, archived entered into agency databases and securely maintained
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field with a minimum of 5years of procurement experience.
- Relevant experience in an IT setting or with an IT focus.
- Experience with public-sector procurements/contracts preferred.
- Experience drafting, negotiating and administering complex solicitations, and agreements.
- An ability to manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Measurable accomplishments and experience in a large complex procurement role to include risk assessments, process management, and vendor selection.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to translate technical decisions/strategies into business terms and implications. Produce clear documentation geared to all audiences.
- Ability to produce periodic leadership facing summarized progress reports highlighting status, issues, risks, decision points, options, etc.
- Solid project management and organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Positive and energetic team player with strong cross-functional team experience.
- Strong analytical problem-solving aptitude and financial acumen.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office products: MS Project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; knowledge of SharePoint, JIRA and HP ALM a plus.