We are looking for HIX Procurement / Contracts Manager for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: HIX Procurement / Contracts Manager
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Our client's Health Insurance Exchange is the health insurance marketplace for Massachusetts. It allows individuals and small businesses to shop for and enroll in partially subsidized or non-subsidized insurance based on a side-by-side comparison of plans.
- The Program team is committed to creating and maintaining a best-in-class HIX system that will meet or exceed federal ACA requirements, maximize flexibility, minimize the technical and operational support burden, dynamically adapt to changing rules, policies and legislation, and set a new standard in consumer ease of use and satisfaction.
- The Procurement/Contracts Manager (PCM) supports the delivery of HIX objectives and strategic procurement activities under the direction of the Senior Procurement/Contracts Manager.
- The PCM serves as project manager for assigned solicitations. In this role, the PCM manages, plans, organizes and controls the development activities of IT procurement/contracting projects at varying levels of complexity.
- As such, the PCM coordinates and monitors activities to ensure that projects are completed on time, ensures that requirements, deliverables and approvals are defined and documented; communicates project status; and ensures that the end products meet stakeholder requirements.
- Specific tasks include but are not limited to drafting schedules and assignments, scheduling and facilitating meetings (including live-scribe sessions), drafting document artifacts (in conjunction with a technical writer), compiling and editing drafts from other contributors, and related activities, including administrative tasks.
- The PCM ensures that project team members? roles and responsibilities are defined, and collaborates closely with agency Legal and Procurement staff to ensure compliance with established workflows, policies, and procedure.
- The PCM will engage business and technical users in the development and evaluation of bid responses.
- The PCM will also support Program leadership by tracking and documenting progress of procurement activities and perform othercontracts\procurement administrative tasks (as required).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Serve as the key point of contact for procurement activities.
- Ensure compliance with program's policies and procedures in processing procurement requests and engaging the appropriate support as needed.
- Scheduling and facilitating meetings and working sessions.
- Developing and managing project plans for assigned solicitations
- Coordinate and collaborate with Program staff and staff from multiple agencies
- Collaborate with internal Legal staff as needed.
- Serves as liaison between project staff and internal audiences on matters related to procurement.
- Manage and communicate issues and risks associated with procurement activities to the Senior Procurement/Contract Manager and Program leadership
- Ensure all procurement artifacts are properly archived entered into agency databases and securely maintained.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field with a minimum of 5years of procurement experience.
- Relevant experience in an IT setting or with an IT focus.
- Experience with public-sector contracts or procurement preferred.
- Experience drafting, negotiating and administering complex solicitations, and agreements.
- An ability to manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Measurable accomplishments and experience in a strategic procurement role to include risk assessments, process management, and vendor selection.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to translate technical decisions/strategies into business terms and implications. Produce clear documentation geared to all audiences.
- Ability to produce periodic leadership facing summarized progress reports highlighting status, issues, risks, decision points, options, etc.
- Solid project management and organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Positive and energetic team player with strong cross-functional team experience.
- Strong analytical problem solving aptitude and financial acumen.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office products: MS Project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; knowledge of SharePoint, JIRA and HP ALM a plus.