Historic Preservation Project Architect / Project Manager
Our Atlanta office is looking for a highly motivated Architect with excellent communication skills who has experience with historic buildings and is able to work well with people at all levels of the firm. The ideal candidate will be someone who is registered, has some project management experience and takes the initiative to research, design and implement complex historic preservation projects. Minimum Requirements:
- Professional (NAAB Accredited) Degree in Architecture.
- Must have at least 7-10 years of experience in an architectural office environment.
- Registration as an Architect or evidence of near completion of the process.
- Strong Revit and production skills.
- Graphic communication skills to support a variety of presentation media: presentation drawings, marketing materials, feasibility studies, etc. Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign skills.
- Skilled in research, analytical thinking, modeling and materials analysis to support the historic preservation design process.
- Self-motivated individual able to work well in a collaborative office environment.
- Good computer skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Ability to handle job stress, deadlines and interact effectively with others in the workplace is an essential function of the job.
- Experience with historic preservation projects. A Historic Preservation degree is not required but would be beneficial.
Desired Personality Traits
- Detail-oriented, methodical, meticulous, process-oriented, yet open to change and motivated by innovation.
- Great collaborator and communicator – excellent verbal and written skills are important
- Ambitious self-starter with get-it-done attitude who strives for results and performs well under pressure
- Good sense of humor