Allied Search Partners
Histology Supervisor (Healthcare Sciences/Medical Laboratory Sciences)
Join a dynamic leader in the industry in a large, rapidly growing markets including pharma, diagnostics and biologics!
- Medical Benefits
- Life Insurance & Disability Employer Paid
- Retirement Benefits
- Relocation Assistance
- Competitive Pay
Histology Supervisor - Healthcare Sciences (Histotechnician/Histotechnologist)
Title: Histology Supervisor
Location: Paramus, NJ (07653)
Shift: Monday-Friday 7:30am-3:30pm
The Histology Laboratory Supervisor provides direct on-site analysis of the day to day operation including adjustment of specimen workflow, test performance, quality, compliance, and associated documentation to adhere to the applicable regulatory agencies, company policies and procedures.
Additional responsibilities of the Histology Supervisor include:
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Provides staff development through feedback aimed towards performance development and review. Participates in corrective counseling, when necessary.
- Procures appropriate supplies and equipment to maximize department efficiency and stays within established budgetary and quality goals including accurate monthly inventory.
- Serves as a technical resource for problem solving and process improvement to ensure accurate test performance and meets all quality goals.
- Investigates and documents non-conforming events as necessary.
- Devotes time to evaluate workflow and specimen testing to maintain adequate turnaround time and improve shift/employee productivity.
- Performs testing using such methods as cutting H&E, Special Stain, IHC Slides, Embedding, etc.
- Responsible for the registration/billing of Histology specimens.
- Monitors and ensures implementation of goals to meet established quality assurance, quality control quality improvement plans and turnaround time.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agency requirements through maintaining proper documentation, conducting audits, and corrective actions.
- Reviews Quality Control data as needed and at least monthly or as required.
- Responsible for validating and implementing new methods and technologies.
- Ability to express ideas and report findings in a comprehensive and thorough manner.
- Answers inquiries regarding methodology and special factors that can influence test results.
- Troubleshoots and recommends process improvements, as needed.
- Performs staff appraisals/reviews/training/competency/hiring.
Histology Supervisor - Healthcare Sciences (Histotechnologist/Histotechnician)
Successful candidates for the Histology Supervisor will have a bachelor's degree in medical technology, chemistry, biology, or related life sciences bachelor's degree.
Additional requirements of the Histology Supervisor role include:
- 6+ years of experience as a medical technologist in a clinical environment (CLIA)
- At least 2 out of the 6 years' experience in a clinical environment must be in histology
- Experience and able to perform in all areas of histology: grossing, embedding, staining, cutting, IHC, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret laboratory results and be confident with your results
- Preferred qualification/certification: ASCP
- Preferred: 2 years of experience supervising other laboratory personnel, recommending process improvements, problem solving and maintaining the laboratory.