Allied Search Partners - $5,000 Sign on Bonus!
Allied Search Partners is the national expert of laboratory recruitment. We are looking for an experienced Histology Supervisor to fill an important role in Mission Viejo, CA Area. Founded in 2008, Allied Search Partners is a contingentrecruitment firm specializing in the placement of talented laboratory professionals at hospitals, laboratories, and healthcare facilities across the nation.
Taking the right step requires the right opportunity, Allied Search Partners can help! Our talent management professionals know what it takes to advance your career. Our highly skilled recruiters treat each candidate with compassion and dignity. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career in the healthcare sciences field as a laboratory technologist, we want to talk to you!
Histology Supervisor – (Histotechnician/Histotechnologist)
For a complete list of current Allied Search Partners openings Nationwide please go to:
Title: Histology Supervisor - $5K Sign On Bonus
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Schedule: M-F 9pm-5:30am 3rd Shift
Relocation Assistance: Yes
1. We are a staffing agency and conduct searches confidentially for our clients either at their request or to protect our resources involved in locating talent. In order to facilitate this we must submit a resume to HR.
2. Your resume will only be sent over for the position in this job description
3. Our job is to connect talented individuals such as your self with top notch labs
4. Full disclosure will be given once HR has requested an interview
5. We do not send your information to current or past employers nor do we send your information to anywhere you request that it not be sent
As a Histology Supervisor you will oversee the performance of daily, routine, and specialized histology techniques and procedures, including: embedding, microtomy, grossing, processing, h&e staining, special staining, immunohistochemistry (IHC), and equipment maintenance.
Additional responsibilities of the Histology Supervisor include:
· The anatomic pathology supervisor has the overall responsibility for the planning, coordination, evaluation, and supervision of all the technical and/or operational activities and personnel in the histology department
· The Anatomic Pathology Supervisor is responsible for performing duties to meet quality assurance, safety and accreditation requirements in the laboratory.
· The Anatomic Pathology Supervisor also oversees a variety of projects that can be assigned by the Department Director, Director of Operations or Medical Laboratory Director
· This is a management position responsible for the operations of the laboratory.
· It is distinguished from the next higher-level position of Laboratory Director, which is a senior management classification with broad overall responsibility for multiple divisions.
· Provides oversight for routine histology functions inclusive of processing, embedding, microtomy, and staining
· Monitors test analysis and specimen examination to ensure acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained
· Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Histology laboratory and supervision of the technical and support staff
· Presents data and/or information across all levels including the lab, department, division, and corporate, and proficiently answers questions from all groups of staff, managers, and clients
· Recommends and endorses test methods to include validation, documentation and implementation of test systems
· Initiates and monitors quality control and quality assurance programs for the laboratory; assures compliance with regulations; monitors all quality metrics and ensures that corrective actions are documented and implemented
· Reports any problem cases and/or abnormal findings to the Medical Laboratory Director to ensure timely resolution and/or follow up
· Ensures the quality of service provided by the department meets the requirements of both internal and external clients; ensures all internal and external inquires are resolved or addressed
· Reviews all patient case reports and images for accuracy prior to review by a Medical Laboratory Director. Makes corrections as necessary
· Sets standards, policies, and guidelines for the efficient management of the Histology laboratory
· Ensures that the Histology laboratory staff is trained and compliant with SOP’s and competency checklists
· Oversees, plans, and prepares for inspections
· Ensures departmental SOP’s accurately reflects the current process; updates SOP’s as needed
· Sets department objectives and performance goals; monitors personnel and resource utilization on an ongoing basis and makes adjustments in staffing to facilitate achievement of the goals and objectives
· Drives personnel management activities for the department; selects and hires personnel; conducts selection interviews, hiring, motivating and training staff
· Conducts performance appraisals, documenting deficiencies, developing plans for improvement and counseling employees
· Monitors laboratory work performance to determine staff resources utilization; reviews monthly work statistics and budgetreports; establishes work performance standards and adjusts staffing levels as needed
· Evaluates and makes determinations on new laboratory equipment to stay abreast of new technology; assess and selects vendors for materials and services used by the department; evaluates various test methodology for use in the department
· Ensures that a safe working environment is maintained and that safe work practices are employed
· Maintains advanced knowledge of CAP/CLIA requirements and is knowledgeable with the specialty requirements within those organizations for assigned discipline
· Accountable for the operation of a 24 hour function, including responding to emergencies, and attendance at meetings outside of working hours as needed
Histology Supervisor – (Histotechnician/Histotechnologist)
Successful candidates for the Histology Supervisor should have experience with IHC and have the ability to work a third shift rotation. Someone with ASCP certification is a good fit for this role.
Additional requirements of the Histology Supervisor role include:
· Nationally: HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP)
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in one of the chemical, physical, or biological sciences with the addition of the successful completion of a course of at least 1yearexperience/training/training course in assigned specialty.
· At least 6+ years of pertinent Histology laboratory experience .
· 2+ or more years of direct lead or supervisory in a Histology laboratory.
· Ability to make sound decisions under stressful situations
· Proven leadership and problem solving skills
· Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communication with all employees and clients
· Strong computer skills to accomplish tasks
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to work independently
· Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and maintain production and quality standards
· Must be able to work in a biohazard environment and comply with safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
· Good visual acuity including color perception required for certain departments
Histology Supervisor - Healthcare Sciences (Anatomic Pathology)
Connecting the Right Talent to the Right Organization!