3M is seeking a Software Developer for the Health Information Systems located in LOCATION. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today’s challenges while preparing for tomorrow’s. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving the efficiency of medical records coding to outlining success in value-based care and healthcare analytics. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
Job Summary: 3M Healthcare Information Systems Division is seeking a Software Engineer to help us pioneer highly analytical solutions in our Clinical and Economic Research department. We work with government agencies, insurance companies, and internal groups to help craft software solutions that directly impact the future of health spending and patient care. We operate in an Agile Environment using the Scrum Framework. If you are a motivated software developer that would like to be part of a fast-paced, forward-moving team that knows how to have fun while solving difficult problems that have a direct impact on the quality of health care globally, we want you.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- The position involves understanding different technologies, research, and most importantly finding solutions to complex problems.
- Primary Software Engineer for identifying and implementing potentially preventable healthcare classification systems leading to a new or to rewrite existing procedural codebase to Java stack.
- Contributor on development of next generation framework for C&ER component development using Java and advanced design patterns / OO techniques.
- Develop WEB based content management infrastructure applications using various frameworks and database backend
- Implement and certify infrastructure CI/CD and backend tools to support release of software components and products.
- Disciplined software engineer who values automated unit tests, peer code reviews, software performance and takes pride in quality over quantity of deliverable.
- Document technical components and modules for technical users and user documentation.
- Work in AWS environment utilizing EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, Athena.
- Ability to work in an Agile Scrum team environment
- Requires above average attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills.
- Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M’s values and ethical standards.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited university OR a High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution and a minimum of six (6) years of experience in software development in lieu of the Bachelor’s degree education requirement
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a technical skill set (Java, SQL, Object Oriented Design/Programming)
- Proficient with software configuration management concepts (Source Control, Build Automation, Maven or Ant)
- Proficient with at least one IDE (Eclipse, Netbeans, InteliJ) doing activities such as debugging, code completion, searching, etc.
- Prior work experience with healthcare claims processing software and/or clinical classification methodologies is a huge plus
- Familiarity with AWS and Python programming is a plus
- Familiar with RESTful services
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new tools and technology (i.e. Angular, ElasticSearch, SpringBoot)
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas, think critically, and make decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems in a logical, methodical, and time efficient manner
- Ability to direct and influence others
Location: Meriden, CT
Travel Requirements: 10% domestic travel
Relocation: Not Approved
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence