The person hired for the position of Marketing Manager will be accountable to design and implement key messaging, value propositions and strategic marketing plans for healthcare payer customers. He/she will collaborate with business unit stakeholders to ensure the marketing plans support strategic vision and divisional financial objectives. He/she will collaborate with marketing communications to execute against their marketing plans.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Use customer insights and market intelligence to develop a comprehensive marketing plan for existing product portfolio and for new product launches.
- Manage the execution, reporting, follow-up and adjustment of marketing plan tactics.
- Lead development of marketing message and content for assigned payer solutions (e.g. case studies, white papers, eGuides, etc.).
- Coordinate market facing tactical calendar with marketing communications partner.
- Work closely with business unit managers and sales teams to support strategic alignment.
- Drive marketing accountabilities for commercialization processes for the healthcare payer market segment.
- Conduct training events for internal sales and support teams, clients and prospects.
- Collaborate to create and execute strategic value based pricing for payer solutions.
- Execute various voice of customer activities, document and communicate results with business unit managers or other stake holders.
- Conduct competitive analysis, document and share results with internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate on client engagement activities such as the annual payer summit and other customer meetings.
- Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M’s values and ethical standards.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined marketing experience in Product Marketing, Marketing Management, Marketing Communications and/or Strategic Marketing in a private, public, government or military environment
- Master’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Healthcare Management
- Broad knowledge of healthcare, healthcare payers, and/or healthcare IT industry.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience marketing to or working for a USA based healthcare insurer.
- Experience in development of thought leadership and industry influencers
- Digital marketing savvy gained through experience
- Key characteristics include strategic thinker, creative, assertive, collaborative, action-oriented, clear writing and messaging ability, fast learner, strong business acumen, outstanding influencing skills and excellent presentation skills.