The HIM Director oversees the integrity and safety of patient health information and electronic patient data in accordance with all laws, regulations and Life Care standard.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must possess a college degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Training in long-term care health information management is required.
- Must be able to maintain residents' clinical records including coding, auditing and providing pertinent staff education regarding record keeping procedures in accordance with state, federal and LCCA policies and procedures.
- Must be a credentialed Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), or have a degree in a health-related field with extensive training and demonstrated competence in the HIM field.
Specific Job Requirements
- Must demonstrate efficient usage of complex computer software systems
- Must have functional knowledge in field of practice
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: medical coding,, auditing,, clinical records,, privacy official responsibilities,, supervisory responsibilities,, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
Benefits for Full-Time Associates
- medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability coverage
- paid vacation, sick days and holidays