Highway Technical Manager
11 - 15 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
The Highway Technical Manager is responsible for managing tasks involving design for transportation infrastructure projects, construction plan development, design review, and construction support services. You will leverage your engineering and project management knowledge and skills to oversee the preparation of basic conceptual studies; Preliminary Design, Final Design, PS&E, and Construction documents; drawing, maps, reports, and supporting documentation and calculations.
- You’ll need a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, and 10+ years of related highway design experience for transportation clients including NJDOT, NJTA, PANYNJ, NYCDOT, NYCDDC, NJDOT, NJTA, and/or NYSDOT. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience with New Jersey State DOT and NJTA design standards. Experience with other transportation/infrastructure agencies located in the Northeast is also desired. Technical staff management experience is required.
- You will need a Professional Engineer’s license in NJ or the ability to obtain one within 6 months.
- You will require experience in managing project teams and having staff members report directly to you for professional and personal development.
- To be successful, you’ll need to be bright, organized, and determined; you’ll also need to be able to build relationships with a wide variety of people and to organize multiple-discipline teams. You will need the ability to multitask and prioritize competing project obligations.
- The ideal candidate will also possess excellent writing and report preparation skills and a willingness to help lead project efforts.
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to long term success in this role.
- You must be capable of reviewing project technical work and providing direction and guidance to project personnel to resolve problems and ensure design and quality review procedures are being implemented.
- You must have experience and a desire to actively manage scope, schedule and budget for your assigned tasks and projects.
- Naturally, you’ll need computer skills (Microsoft Office) and experience with and understanding of Bentley MicroStation Inroads, AutoCADCivil 3D and Primavera software.